Alan Schorr, Real Estate Pro in Phoenix, AZ

How can a real estate appraiser solicit loss mitigation work from lenders . A. Schorr, Phoneix, AZ

Asked by Alan Schorr, Phoenix, AZ Fri Oct 19, 2007

An appraisers dream opportunity, to provide accurate detailed analysis to a client who wants
the truth.

Answers

4
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Fri Oct 19, 2007
I register with asset managers (see sample link below) who contract with the banks to provide valuation services. Then they subcontract it to Realtors and appraisers. They pay Realtors $45 to $125 for a BPO - Broker price opinion.
How could this be an appraisers dream opportunity? BPO's are so cheap because we are all hoping that we'll get an occasional REO listing out of the contact.

I suppose they will pay more for a full blown URAR, but not order very many of them due to the higher cost.
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Wed Sep 15, 2010
Hello Alan,

Phoenix is very backlogged, but call agents in other markets who are doing what you want to be doing. If you aren't cutting into their business and they aren't up to their heads in work they will probably help with information.
Web Reference:  http://www.bpoteaching.com
Tomaara Rand…, , Phoenix, AZ
Fri Oct 19, 2007
Every REO is different, and contacting them is also. I would look into finding out who some of the listing agents are for the REO and see if they have better contact information.
Perry Hender…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Oct 19, 2007
Call the REO managers at the bank. That list is a pretty tough one to pull together too.