Hi. I'm a female looking to rent a home in Long Beach. What are some safe neighborhoods. Looking for something a little quaint too.

Asked by Debra, Pacific Palisades, CA Sat Feb 25, 2012

Trying to find something close to a freeway for decent access to Los Angeles.

Answers

6
Jeremy Lehman’s answer
Jeremy Lehman, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Thu Mar 1, 2012
There are lots of crime statistics online, I highly recommend you familiarize yourself with the area. Here's a resource you might find handy. http://www.longbeach.gov/police/statistics.asp
Lesley Harris…, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Mar 1, 2012
Belmont Heights & Belmont Shore and "quaint" areas. Or you can go North - Bixby Knolls and California Heights have nice Architectural style homes. I can send you a list of available leases, just let me know what you are looking for and if you have pets. (a lot of places do not allow pets) Drive around and see if you feel if the areas are "safe" and check your local police department for crime statistics.

I can be reached anytime,

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
Gina King, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Sat Feb 25, 2012
Hi Debra, because Realtors(c) could lose their license by answering this directly, and its a public forum, you may not get the answer you seek. I suggest you sit with a Realtor and discuss.

We are however, able to say ... I love living in my community of Belmont Shore! :)

Also tune in to this radio show, keeping it real estate on kbeach.org they often talk about ling beach :)

Web Reference:  http://keepingitre.com
, ,
Sat Feb 25, 2012
Hello Debra,

I live in Long Beach, and it is common for me to do my jogging in my neighborhood in the evening. I don't think there are places this safe in Los Angeles. I live in California Heights, but I would extend the safety belt to Bixby Knolls and Los Cerritos (no condos in Los Cerritos). There are mostly duplexes in California Heights, which is as quaint as it gets with its beautiful trees and landscaped yards. You can find more condos in Bixby Knolls' 4-plexes on San Antonio Dr, on Carson St, but drive around and I’m sure you will find something nice.

Celso Neves
Ph. 562 704 1651
celso@.housevirtualtour.com
USA Realty and Loans
Long Beach, CA 90807
DRE 01892345
NMLS 829964
Heather Paul, Agent, Santa Monica, CA
Sat Feb 25, 2012
Debra, I would recommend to check your local demographics, this provides a lot of the information you are looking for, just google search it or contact the local police department and they can help point you in the right direction.
DJ Bonner, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Sat Feb 25, 2012
Hello Debra,
I will be happy to send you a list of quiet rentals.
Please provide me with a little more detail as to your price range and number of bedrooms you are ooking for.
DJ Bonner
Djbonner@kw.com
562-572-4203