Bonnie, Other/Just Looking in Bellflower, CA

Hi, I live in this house in bellflower one that is listed on this site and I have been 3 weeks and the owner

Asked by Bonnie, Bellflower, CA Sat Oct 20, 2007

of this house is living in my garage and will not leave, i have called then city and the police and cant get any help HE WILL NOT leave....i paid him 3600.00 and have no money to move HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a single mother and do not know what to do he harrasses me everyday

Help the community by answering this question:


Patti Phillips’ answer
Bonnie, I am so sorry to hear about your situation with this landlord. What a terrrible position to be in. You must feel very vulnerabbe. It is landlords like this that give all a bad repuation. I know moving is always very expensive- to add to your sad situation. I just want to wish you the very best, in a bad situation.

Patti Phillips
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2007
Just out of curiosity... I know that this is an old post but please do let us know the outcome. Was the issue resolved?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
Stop paying rent. Save your money. If he takes you to court, provide them proof that he is living in your garage, and will not move. The courts will definately side with you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 9, 2013
I did call fair housing in my area and they said u can not legally evicted the owner of a house, the city has a court dat set for nov 17th so I have to have him here for that long and he has also taken my back bedroom that I kinda blocked off due to it being ayyached to the garage i did not want my son sleeping in it. The lease is just a month to month and after i called the city on him he gave me a 30 day notice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2007
Dear Bonnie,

Consult a real estate attorney as soon as possible. A very good one is Jay Kaplan in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA. He should be able to give you the correct legal advice.

You can reach him at 310-548-7200 and his email is: .

The best of luck to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2007
Contact your local housing authority for help with tenant rights. Did you rent the house and garage? Is the garage attached? How is he harassing you? Even if he sells the house, if you have an annual lease the new owner has to abide by that lease (at least that is my understanding but I am not an attorney). Did you sign a lease? What does it say? Read it over closely and contact your local legal assistance agency.
Good luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2007
Ruthless, Other/Just Looking in 60558
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer