Hi, Any one has more information about the CHASTAIN SUBDIVISION , Raleigh 27610? (Ricker RD)

Asked by Adel, Nashville, TN Sun Nov 23, 2008

($74/SF), new construction.
Any other good subdivisions in the same price range?

Adel

Answers

5
Dean Weaver-…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Fri Jan 23, 2009
In our market, even as slow as it's been lately, you get what you pay for. Also, there are a high number of homeowners who have default ed on their mortages and HOA dues in this neighborhood. Both can lead to foreclosure. Centex is a great "production" builder as "production" builders go so you cannot go wrong there. The location, however, may not be what you are expecting but if its a rental investment you are hoping for, I'd say, go for it!
In my 15 years of selling real estate in the Triangle area, we still hold on to a valuable real estate investment for anyone. If you want to purchase in a more likely area to quickly respond when times improve, look into the northern wake county or western wake county homes but you will have to spend considerably more for less. Even the foreclosed homes are not that cheap...
Do yourself a favor and hook up with one of the agents responding to your question. It's a free service and your agent can get you the best deal available. Centex loves real estate agents! You won't get a better deal if you do not use an agent so sign up with a good agent and let the agent help you through this process. Home buying is not as easy as buying a car...
Call me. :) i'd love yo help you.
Adel, Both Buyer And Seller, Nashville, TN
Sun Nov 23, 2008
Thank you very much for all your help!
I'm trying to find a place where it is a good deal now to buy into it, cheap and in few years, the value would go up.
I'm trying to avoid any trouble areas, where it is going down in price, but not attractive to live in.
I know that Cary is very desirable, but not cheap.
North Raleigh, is a mix.
Any input would be appreciated.

Adel
Sandra Pitts, , Raleigh, NC
Sun Nov 23, 2008
Peyton Hall by Centex has some great deals on new construction too. It's off Buffaloe Rd. in 27604 zip code.
Michael Colv…, Agent,
Sun Nov 23, 2008
Hi Adel
That is a great price for a good neighborhood in Raleigh, its going to be hard to find much in that area New Construction at a better price. If you would like to send me your wants/needs I will send you everything available and you will be able to get an idea.
Michael
Web Reference:  http://www.colvinm.hpw.com
Lizete Santos, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Sun Nov 23, 2008
Hi Adel,

The HOA is $156 annually. The homes in this subdivision are built on slab and most exteriors are vinyl. The lots on average are .15 acres. There is a lot of inventory in the subdivision, currently 27 properties for sale.
What other requirements do you have, i.e. schools, location, commute time, price range etc.
There are more options in Raleigh as well as neighboring towns like Apex, Holly Springs, Cary.

Here is a link to the schools:
http://www.wcpss.net/

Lizete
Web Reference:  http://www.LizeteSantos.com