Help! - Counseling on death,dying, wills, trusts, deeds, probate court, title's and transfers .

Asked by Corine Granger, 77004 Thu Sep 13, 2007

It's, probably, more appropriate that I " hang-out " at a MHMR forum, however, I am too far behind, and, haven't the time for a nervous breakdown. My mother is losing her mind ( dementia ) and will have her home fraudulently taken from her, if I don't act promptly and properly. She said that she never wanted to be in a nursing home, and , she doesn't have to be. There are no mortgages or liens against the home ( to our knowledge ) and living expenses are affordable. She and my daddy worked and paid for the house. It's only fitting that she able to stay in her home.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


J Lo, Home Buyer, California Glory, Brentwood, CA
Thu Sep 13, 2007
Hi Corine:
You are in dire need of a professional - in both legal and family matters. Your headline question alone and your previous posts only magnify the need. This forum consists mainly of Real Estate Agents and Brokers. Although there have been a few Mortgage Brokers & I can think of one Lawyer - their specialty is buying & selling.

Your needs are so far beyond this forum - and I cannot stress this enough. We would be negligent to give you any advice beyond - seek the help of a professional in your area who is familiar with Real Estate & Family Law.

Much luck and prayers to you and your family - most especially to your mother.
3 votes
Mary Beth Sm…, , Phoenix, AZ
Fri Sep 14, 2007
Good Morning,Corine:
I don't know why you feel that your Mom's home may be taken fraudulently from her, but it seems that you are attempting to right every thing attorney may be your very best option, but as an Executor of my own Mom's estate which has suffered massively at the hands of a relative and legal professionals who have helped perpetrate the abuse may I caution you that there is a MAJOR difference between Elder law attorneys and Elder ABUSE attorneys. We are in the process of subpoena to document what has happened, reordering bank statements,etc. and we are discovering that this is one of the fastest growing abuses with Baby Boomers just reaching the most vulnerable age. If there is any way you think that I can help you by sharing some of what we are doing I would be honored to do is such a tragedy that our seniors are so poorly protected and Elder Exploitation is running rampant!!!! May God bless your efforts to save your Mom!
Fell free to call me at 602-697-3334
1 vote
Sonny Jimenez, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Sep 12, 2012
Yep in this case you need a lawyer...
0 votes
Allen Hebert, Agent, Spring, TX
Thu Sep 13, 2007
The best answer in my view would be to seek out a family lawyer.
0 votes
Scott Alexan…, Agent, San Angelo, TX
Thu Sep 13, 2007
My advice is to find a attorney. I believe that I could give you some good practical advice, but I can't practice law. Once you have leaped the legal hurdles ( competency, power of attorney, bank accounts, etc.), then you will know what to do.
0 votes
Ken Pujdak,…, , Greenville, SC
Thu Sep 13, 2007

I am a former certified senior advisor. give me a call at 888-552-2940 x7 to discuss your problem and perhaps I can lead you in the right direction.

Ken Pujdak, CPA
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more