Jhogan, Home Buyer in Fountain Hills, AZ

Has anyone experienced moving kids from Midwest to AZ?

Asked by Jhogan, Fountain Hills, AZ Tue May 15, 2012

Considering a move with kids to Fountain Hills, AZ. We have some concern climate/vegetaion change maybe hard to adjust to for our kids, coming from Illinois. Any similar experiences with middle school aged kids?

Answers

6
Cheryl Hunter, Agent, scottsdale, AZ
Tue Nov 25, 2014
Yes, I moved here with twin boys in 2006. My boys were in 10th grade. They did quite well, played football and lacrosse and made great friends. The summer is a little hot and they missed the snow but adjusted just fine. They loved being able to swim in their pool. I am certain they will do great.
Karisa Lara, Agent, Fountain Hills, AZ
Fri Aug 15, 2014
Your kids will do amazing!! As a mother of three, this is a great community to live. Great school system and awesome parent support!!
Jesus Gill, Other Pro, Fountain Hills, AZ
Sun Dec 16, 2012
First find your church. We found that finding our place to worship God help us in the settlement process.
Sun Dec 16, 2012
I have moved 14 times plus. We moved with our small children then middle school children then high school Children. I have a boy and a girl.
I moved to Scottsdale, and then I moved to Fountain Hills.
Fountain hills is safe, and close to mayor shopping,medical Universities etc.
How old are your children?
Sheri Patton, Agent, Fountain Hills, AZ
Mon Nov 26, 2012
We moved to Fountain Hills, AZ from Bloomington, IL. My girls were 5 and 3. The move was a breeze! The girls love the sun and the year-round pool! It's so much easier to be outside and enjoy all the activities that mother nature has to offer. You won't regret it.

The school system in Fountain Hills, AZ is amazing! Great teachers, great parent involvement. Much to offer for sports and academics. go to http://www.fhusd.org to learn more. Good luck!
Phoenix Owner, Home Owner, 85021
Tue May 15, 2012
I moved from Chicago to Phoenix in 2006. It is a change. After the first 1-2 summers you get use to it. I have bad arthritis in my wrist from an auto accident, it essentially vanished when I moved here. Other then 3-4 months of heat in summer, you couldn't ask for more perfect weather. I am not familiar with Fountain Hills, but I hear it is a great area for people with a family. The only negative I think you will experience is your first 1-2 summers. After a year you will be so use to wearing shorts all the time and basking in the 80-90 degree weather 8 months out of the year you won't ever want to return to Illinois. The sun shines so much here, I think 310-320 days of the year, that when it does rain you are thrilled! All I can say is if you decide to do it, bring lots of sunscreen and make sure you have a couple back up pairs of sunglasses.