Quality of Life in Dallas>Question Details

Trulia Dallas, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

For noise, how close is too close around Love field

Asked by Trulia Dallas, Dallas, TX Thu Mar 29, 2012

Answers

10
Wow - great question. I live near Love Field in the Bluffview-Preston Hollow area.
Bluffview, Preston Hollow, and Greenway Parks are safe because they are
perpendicular to the runways at Love - they are NOT under the Flight Paths.

The key is looking at the Flight Path and the direction of the Runways !!!
If you are directly UNDER the flight path - it can be noisy.
You want to be at least 1/2 mile (though preferably 1 mile) away from the end of the
runways at Love Field. The runways run in a NW-SE direction.
Planes climb in altitude fairly quickly and with time - it will just be background noise to you -
but for resale purposes - not closer than 1/2 mile I'd say in any case.

My first client was a young professional that just moved to Dallas from Houston -
and this was a consideration - and I showed her exactly on a map where the
Flight Paths were. As a result she purchased just slightly EAST but still in NW Dallas
and was very happy.

JAY NAREY ABR, ALHS
Keller Williams - Preston Rd.
jaynarey@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 29, 2012
Oak Lawn puts up with way too many fligh overs. On Sunday, February 21, there were 15 flights in one hour from 8 pm to 9 pm. That is one plane every FOUR MINUTES. The planes fly quite low, preparing to land at Love Field, and the noise is deafening. This is not a count of total fligh overs for one 24 hour period. Inside my residence with all windows and doors closed, I feel like I am on the planes. I have lived in my residence for a year and a half.l

Why does Love Field allow this incessant racket to go on, day and night? I am sick of it and may have to move. Thank you.

Barbara K. Kuether
3907 Gilbert Avenue
Dallas, TX 75219
Dumb dumb dumb people at Trulia.
I agree with most of the agents that have commented. There are a lot of expensive homes underneath the Love Field flight path. Uptown and Turtle Creek, for example, are directly underneath the path. I think it's fair to say that most people aren't bothered by it once they are settled into their home. Dallas is a wonderful city with so many conveniences close by that this is often overlooked.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
This will depend on the individual. To me it is the sound of money, but to others it may be the sound of smog. To each his own. I used to live right under the flight path near Love. It kept me awake for the first two week I lived there, but after that.

Best to live to the edges of the flight paths and not directly under them.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Resident close to airport amazing how little you hear Love Field or DFW airport .

Most luxury area(s) of Dallas are less than 2 miles from Love Field

I use to be a resident lived on Turtle Creek never bothered me

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Here is a link to the study for Love field if you go to about page 63 of the report you can see noise contour maps. If I can show you some homes in the area let me know. dallas-lovefield.com/pdf/DesignStandardsManual_100209.pdf
Depends on your tolerance for noise, your attic insulation, and quality of your windows. I live in the flight path and have for the last 11 years. I don't let it bother me, but I've heard complaints from people that live much further away from the airport than I do, so it's really a personal preference. I live in Oak Lawn Heights and love it.
Best part about that is negotiating on location! Give me a call I actually just sold a house by there I can give you the pros and cons 972-832-2755
If your kids can't hear you when you yell at them, then you're probably too close. But you'll probably get a really good deal!

Beau Beasley
214 966-2100