Does the landfill on Young Pine road in Orlando smell?

Asked by Shelby, Florida Mon Mar 17, 2008

I am considering buying a home off of Curry Ford road near the landfill. Will the landfill be visible from Curry Ford road someday? Will this area have good resale value in the future?(optional)

Answers

5
rayloudis, Home Owner, Orlando, FL
Thu Feb 14, 2013
Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?
Kim, , Orlando, FL
Mon Jun 2, 2008
I have lived in Andover Lakes Subdivision on the corner of Curry Ford and Young Pine for the past 11 years and while the first few years you could smell it every 2 months or so, I haven't smelled anything in about 3 years because the landfill is slowly moving eastward (toward Avalon Park).
Hope this helps!
Orlando Resi…, , East Central Park, Orlando, FL
Tue May 27, 2008
I once looked at homes in the area and although the subdvisions are very nice, the idea of living even remotely close to a landfill will scare off some buyers in future. Also, with so many homes available in the Orlando area, why settle for living near a landfill ? There's plenty to choose from and there are similar priced homes in the Waterford Lakes and Avalon Park areas which is farther away from landfills with better schools. Even if you don't have children, it's a fact that homes in good school districts always appreciate better !!
Hollie, Both Buyer And Seller, Orlando, FL
Fri May 23, 2008
I have a townhouse off Young Pine, on the way to the landfill. Pretty neighborhoods and I have never smelled a thing!
Hollie
Rick Aguirre, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Mar 17, 2008
Shelby,
Wow what a question!!!
I cannot say that I have ever had the pleasure. The Landfill is so far back off of curry Ford that It would have to cover a whole subdivision to be seen from Curry Ford.
Between Curry Ford Rd and the Landfill is a large subdivision. Perhaps someone reading this who lives there can better answer.
Rick.
Web Reference:  http://www.realestatera.com