Does land next to a national forest command a higher price?

Asked by Noela Buchfeller, Mountainair, NM Wed Apr 30, 2008

Answers

8
Charles Kurg…, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Jan 28, 2015
One and half acre in Olkeri Ngong next to Ololua Forest
Olkeri is one of Ngong upmarket estate, located approximately 2km from Ngong town. there are two ways to access this estate, the first is off ngong - matasia road and the other from Karen hardy next Cooperative collage. https://goo.gl/maps/lqnu0
? land touches the ololua Forest,
? gently sloppy red soil and has a magnificent view
? the forest has plenty of flora and fauna, an opportunity for bird watching
? No dangerous animals
? Ideal for housing project, learning institution or for speculation
? clean title deed
Call us to schedule an appointment to view the property on 0722679098, or email ngonghillspropertylink@gmail.com
Eric Eichwald, Agent, Los Lunas, NM
Wed Apr 10, 2013
We have a 40 acre property in Mountainair with trees approximately 1/4 mile from the National Forest priced at $95,000.00. There are not many properties right up againsts the Forest.
John Warren, Agent, Mountainair, NM
Tue Aug 28, 2012
Hi Noela,
Yes it would, compared to a similar property not joining public land and with all things equal, such as accessibility and utilities.
Darrell Carr, , Mountainair, NM
Wed May 4, 2011
Noela,

Property bordering State, BLM or National Forest usually draws a higher demand and higher price point. From my experience, folks like the idea of "additional" property as their backyard. Are you looking in a particular area?
Darrell
Rancho Los Caballos
Lois Cameron…, Agent, Nixa, MO
Thu May 8, 2008
Dear Noela; I am located in SW Missouri and can not imagine those kind of Prices for Property near or adjoing a national Forest. Mark Twain National Forest has 1,000's of Acres here in the surrounding area and it can be purchased for $ 2,000 to $ 7,000 per acres depending upon how much land you purchase. If you really are just looking for that type of property give my site a Look See.
Josiah Hooten, , Bernalillo County, NM
Thu May 1, 2008
It is a definite bonus to have your lot next to national forest - so if you were comparing to nearly identical lots and one was on the national forest boundary obviously most people would be willing to pay more for it.

How much more is the tricky part. The law of supply and demand comes into effect. For example, in Albuquerque the only lots that I am aware of adjacent to national forest are in areas such as High Desert - and a 1/4 acre lot can demand over $600k. However out in Mountainair land is abundant so your not going too see that large of a spread between an "average" lot and a "premium" lot near forest.

P.S. I don't know if you are out of state or local - but you may want to hold off on buying out there untill you see how this fire settles out.

Always feel free to contact me with further specifics or questions!
Web Reference:  http://www.casacrazy.com
Kathleen M.A…, , Jump River, WI
Thu May 1, 2008
We live next to the Chequamegon National Forest since 1997 as well as worked this area since 1998 when I became a REALTOR agent. The true fact is that the land has been accessed a much high rate by the assessors making it higher in price than any other land. Their reason told to me by one of these assessor's was because it is totally free recreational land for families to enjoy: camping year around; taking photos of animals, flowers, trees, insects; walking trails; winter: snow shoeing, skiing, snowmobiling; training their dogs; hunting; following ATV trails, swimming &/or fishing their rivers & lakes or even just boating for the scenry. Lowest cost for some of things, but living next to one is basically having all these things free and assessor's feel that it is compensates for the privilege! The people have shown a demand for this kind of land making it one of the highest on the market! So to say it commands a higher price is wrong, to say it is worth a higher price is the correct statement! Have a great day! [Do have some on my web sites!]
Jeannine Dyer, Agent, Middleburg Heights, OH
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Yes absolutely. Nature lovers and the natural wildlife offers a serene setting with loads of privacy and makes it very desirable therefore driving the cost higher.