Does anyone think that the winsted/winchester area is in the process of a revitalization? MB CT

Asked by Melissa, Connecticut Wed Apr 2, 2008

Answers

3
rober56, , Winsted, CT
Tue Jul 24, 2012
Unfortunately, this area hasn't seen much life since the late 1940's. It is economically depressed and has been for a long time. Even Ella Grasso's attempt at bringing Winsted back to life by ending the highway in Winsted did little to bring economic growth to the area. For those that live and have lived in Winsted the town is quaint, offers unique entertainment, gorgeous (but unfortunately private) lake, and is close enough to MA to make a drive for cheaper alcohol and cigarettes worth the trip. Even an attempt to bring a first class hotel to the lake area failed to come to fruition. In some ways those in authority or who have the greatest influence in the area don't want it to change.
Anita Panaga…, Agent, Danielson, CT
Mon May 14, 2012
I've seen it coming ever so slowly... Thanks to the great dedication of The Friends of Main St, The Whiting Mill Artists..and countless merchants who believe in the Laurel City... It's coming.
Please dream your dreams and visit my Facebook page.. Winchester The Laurel City . And while your at it... Shop and Dine downtown! Support your neighbors shop local . Grow in Goodness..
Gina Sartira…, , Winsted, CT
Mon Jun 9, 2008
Hi Melissa, I just saw your question and and wanted to try to answer this.
I hope for the sake of the town that Winsted will grow and expand. While there has been a great deal of people trying to keep the town the same, I think there is a new wave that wants to see growth and a revitalization take place. I for one am for it and think in the next couple of years we will see a big change should the planned development move forward.