Does anyone have any insight into living in Black Mountain, NC?

Asked by Nancy Piller, Hellertown, PA Fri Jan 16, 2009

Answers

4
NcNative, , Black Mountain, NC
Sun May 27, 2012
Black Mountain is a cool town, but very expensive. Whoever said it is affordable apparently did not live in NC before. Compared to the rest of the State the homes here are outrageous. the job market is challenging here as well. But, I suppose the people who are moving here from elsewhere think it is cheap, which forces us native North Carolinians to settle for less since we cannot afford these prices. The town itself is an average small town, very walkable, and quiet for the most part. I just don't get the home prices. People will say "Oh but its Black Mountain". What the heck is that supposed to mean?
People here in Black Mountain are too Redneck & the meanest people ive ever met in my life. People are rude, cruel, & cheap. I come from Weaverville & it is MUCH MUCH better.
Flag Fri Jul 19, 2013
Rowena Patton, Agent, Asheville, NC
Mon Mar 9, 2009
Hi Nancy
I live in Black Mountain. I have also lived in Washington DC and Miami Beach Fl before moving here. We came up to Black Mountain on a regular basis for the summer, and eventually decided to make it our home a few years ago. It is a vibrant small town, known as the restaurant town, and it's proximity to the mall and activities in Asheville adds to its attractiveness as a place to relocate. I highly recommend it as a place to live! To see communities in Black Mountain visit the link below. If you want some help with your search please use this link: http://www.pattonpropertygroup.com/mlssearch/
Duh you're in real estate....of course you're going to have positive things to say. Bias much?
Flag Mon Sep 16, 2013
Brad Officer, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Mon Feb 23, 2009
Nancy, I lived in Black Mountain, NC until this past summer 2008. It's a great place! We moved to the southside of Asheville to be closer to our sons schools. If you need some info about BMT, let me know.
Web Reference:  http://www.officerrealty.com
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat Jan 17, 2009
Nancy,
Black Mountain is a wonderful little community off I-40 between Hickory/Morganton area and Asheville. It is a quiet small town at the base of the mountains as you head up towards Asheville. Wonderful land and very affordable housing. I guess for one thing it depends on the lifestyle you are looking for. Very laid back and not rushed for sure.

Hope this helps,