Bought a condo unit in 2006. Thought dealing with other trustee wouldn't be a problem, but was very wrong.

Asked by Bonnie, Newton, MA Sat Jun 28, 2008

I'd like to sell and even consider down sizing to make ends meet. My situation is so uncomfortable I can't enjoy living here. With the market down I don't know if I can break even. Do realtors do walk thrus to help sellers get an idea of the current listing price they would market a property for? Is this costly to do?

Answers

5
Mike Hughes Team’s answer
Mike Hughes…, Agent, Newton, MA
Sat Jul 5, 2008
Trustees basically (in most cases) manage the association funds and by laws. They are typically responsible for enforcing the rules and regulations. In a small association, each owner is typically a trustee – in larger associations, they are elected.
Richard Berry, , Ohio
Fri Jul 4, 2008
San Diego Faye gave you the correct answer. All realtors should do a cma for a prospective client and you should not feel obligated to use any of them, however if you need a realtor don't hesitate. By the way I am not a realtor. Question-- we don't have trustees in Ohio so what are they suppose to do?
Mike Hughes…, Agent, Newton, MA
Sun Jun 29, 2008
Hi Bonnie,
I'm sorry to hear of your situation. We are located on Boylston Street, I would be happy to setup a time to help you evaluate your condo in today’s market. Newton has held reasonably strong over the past several years, so you might be better off than you thought. Call (617-610-0716) or email me anytime … we can certainly start by discussing the condo by phone. Then, if it makes sense, I can visit the property for an accurate assessment.
Mike
Web Reference:  http://www.mphughes.com
John Savigna…, Agent, Hopkinton, MA
Sun Jun 29, 2008
Good morning Bonnie
I am a Realtor with REMAX and would be happy to help. I grew up in Newton and can provide a market analysis of your homes current value or Feel free to contact me to discuss this.
John 508 277-1784
Faye Alexiev, Agent, Laguna Hills, CA
Sat Jun 28, 2008
Dear Bonnie, any realtor would do what you are asking for at no cost to you. I would suggest you call a few realtors for a listing presentation which includes suggested listing price range based on recently sold comperable properties, and chose the person you feel most comfortable with.

Faye Alexiev,Realtor
Coldwell Bankers Residential
faye@fayerealty.com
858.395.6300