Are they any new plans to finish building un-built communities? Are there plans to build stores in 85641?

Asked by Dreamerr, Vail, AZ Wed May 6, 2009

vail...I am moving to Jd ranch and there is nothing around. I would like to know if there are plans to build supermarkets and needed stores, even gas stations.

Answers

6
Kat Tyree, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Wed Mar 13, 2013
Hi Dreamerr,
I live and work in the Vail community, and it is a short drive to services. Closest to JD Ranch would be Rita Ranch area. Recently, more services are beginning, such as ground breaking at the corner of Maryanne Cleveland/Old Vail and Houghton Road. Anchor tenants here will be Walmart and Home Depot, and we are very excited that they will bring smaller businesses.

There are several businesses such as gyms, hairdressers, restaurants, banks, at the Houghton Road corridor around Rita Ranch, and closer to you, on the north side of I-10 at Vail/Wentworth exit.
Kat Tyree, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Tue Dec 24, 2013
Update on my previous answer: Home Depot is no longer in the equation for the corner of Maryanne Cleveland and Houghton. Walmart is opening soon, however, and there will be lots of business, which will draw other tenants. Across the street, there are 9 restaurant pads available to be developed, bringing much needed choice to our area! Up the road going towards Rancho Del Lago, builders are beginning to get back in the swing, and there will be more new housing.
Dreamerr, Home Buyer, Vail, AZ
Wed Mar 13, 2013
I wrote this post years ago. I am happy nothing is around cause I like the quiet. I do hope we get the home depot and Walmart by Rita Ranch but keep it over there lol. Thanks for the update. I thought they got rid of the idea of the one on Mary Ann Cleavland cause of the one further up by golf links. I think they are putting three in all which makes no sense to me.
Chris Mabry…, , Tucson, AZ
Fri May 8, 2009
Hello Dreamerr,
JD Ranch is definetely off the beated path...for now. Your best bet for shopping is going to be the Rita Ranch area. Take I-10 west and exit north on Houghton road. There are shopping centers a few miles north. There is a Home Depot and Walmart projected for the area near the freeway off Houghton. There are some decent restaurants, mexican food, ice cream, etc. in the Vail area north of I-10 off of Exit 279. Try Montgomery's for burgers and sandwiches. The clubhouse, Hacienda Del Lago, near the Del Lago golf course has a nicer, more expensive menu, and wonderful breakfast! There is a Walgreens open in Vail now, and a Safeway anchored shopping center is in our near future. As for what's up and coming, you are going to have a huge commercial/shopping center under construction very close to you. Have you heard of the Passages Of Tucson? See link below. This is a very intriguing, unique concept! There will eventually be all kinds of businesses at this site, but it may take several years. Real estate in your area is substancially less than in some areas closer to town due to the fact that some of the creature comforts are still in the works. Be patient and make due for now. I hope you enjoy your new home. Take care!
Dp2, , Virginia
Wed May 6, 2009
Some ways to get more insight on these matters--besides contacting the developer(s) directly--are the following: check with the local/state zoning and planning offices, start attending the local community development meetings, check the local/county records office to see if any (and what kind of) permits have been filed, check with the AZ department of transportation to inquire about any relevant feasibility studies, and check with the local utilities companies to see if they're aware of any changes.
Sue R, Both Buyer And Seller, Deer Park, NY
Wed May 6, 2009
I was looking to buy in JD Ranch also- but it really does seem to be in the middle of nowhere. Was hoping that Passages of Tucson would be breaking ground, but everything seems to have come to a halt.
I'm also curious to know the answer to this question-- it seems that Pulte and Miramonte have a lot of empty lots or houses that are just framed in their Vail subdividions.