Are the demographics for the Waterford available on any web site?

Asked by Ready And Able, Ridgeline Townhomes, Carrollton, TX Sat Nov 20, 2010

I am considering a purchase in the Waterford and wonder about the age distributions and other population characteristics of the residents. Suspect the Waterford residents may be "different" from the general run of Rossmoor residents. But how different?

Answers

5
Mary Beth Ma…, Agent, Orinda, CA
Fri Nov 21, 2014
In general, the average age of the residents in the Waterford is older than the age of the broader resident community in Rossmoor. The average move-in age in Rossmoor is in the low 70's. The average move-in age in the Waterford is well into the 80's. At an event earlier this week, they said that there were 125 residents that were over the age of 90. Hope this helps!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Nov 21, 2014
Check local census data, also consider visiting the area more than once and perhaps chat with locals/neighbors.
Harold Sharpe, Agent, Menifee, CA
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Hi Ready and Able,
I would suggest for demographic info you can do two things.
1. try city-data.com
2. look up demographics on google for the particular town you are interested in.

Harold
Barbara Guan…, , Walnut Creek, CA
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Hello there Ready and Able,

My name is Barbara Guandalini and I am a Realtor with Rossmoor Realty. I would say the average age at the Waterford is around 85. Most of the residents are single. Quality of living there is quite lovely. I call it "The Rossmoor Regency" because it is so beautiful and - since residingb there includes at least one meal per day - the food is excellent restaurant quality!

One thing is important to remember, though. You mention 'different'.... A Waterford resident must realize that he/she is also a member of ROSSMOOR, and is privilige to all Rossmoor member benefits and services. To mingle both acitvely and socially! The beauty of the Waterford is that you don't have to cook (much - there are full kitchens in each unit) and weekly houskeeping is provided. There are many social functions, too, and lots of companionship.

Prices range from under $100K to $500K and are reducing every week! The monthly fees are between $1,600 to $1,750 depending on the size of the apartment. One purchases a unit and the value is fully yours, or the estate's.

I f you would like any further information, or would like to take a tour, I would be happy to help you! If you have not worked with an agent at Rossmoor Realty before, you may contact me at 925-287-3363

Wishing you well,

Barbara
Terrylynn Fi…, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Sat Nov 20, 2010
I am relatively certain when taking a client on a tour of the Waterford, that they gave that information. Quickest way is to do that, either call and ask and/or go on a tour. They are most gracious and no pressure. It's a lovely place. It is of course the older end of Rossmoor, in other words not so many 55 year olds in Waterford.
I have many clients that live in Rossmoor and they LOVE it, from the single man who wants all his meals without having to cook, he would like Waterford, but others love the coops and some the home, know what I mean, depends on how much structured activity you want or like? They have it all. Good luck to you