Any feedback about Del Webb/Cane Bay? How is the neighborhood, quality of homes, friendliness of people? I see they are building a new subdivision.

Asked by Eileen Volpi, Charleston, SC Mon Nov 19, 2012

Looks like the resales are a fire sale, any feedback on Del Webb in Summerville?

Answers

6
Kimberly Greco (Layman)’s answer
Kimberly Gre…, Agent, Summerville, SC
Wed Nov 21, 2012
Eileen,

Del Webb is a gorgeous retirement community that is well maintained and growing fast. Cane Bay is attached and also a beautiful neighborhood. They have their own middle, elementary and high school with a recently developed plaza with a brand new Publix grocery store. I work in a team of three. One just closed on her home in Cane Bay (Lindera Preserve) and the other is waiting on her home to sell so she can move into Del Webb. I can assist with any further questions if needed. Feel free to call or email me anytime 843-974-6244 klayman@carolinaone.com

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks I'm working with lisa Edwards at Carolina one
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
D.r.george, Home Buyer, Summerville, SC
Wed Sep 21, 2016
Facilities are becoming cramped as build out approaches. Construction issues are more apparent as time passes. There are plenty of activities and most people are friendly.
Petegale2001, Home Buyer, Summerville, SC
Tue Dec 15, 2015
Quality of construction not only lacking but not recognized as an issue by Del Webb. More interested in the bottom line than quality.
pc, Home Buyer, Summerville, SC
Sun Feb 1, 2015
Facilities excellent, residents pleasant, quality construction lacking.
Darren Sweet, Agent, Summerville, SC
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Del Webb/Cane Bay is one of several master planned communities, currently under construction in the Summerville area. As noted there are several new community pockets in Cane Bay, as well as a YMCA.

Closer to Summerville is the Carnes Crossings development, again a master planned community, which is now building homes.

Several other large master planned communities are under construction, as well as new construction infill communities.

Finally, other communities are in the planning stages in the area in early stages of development.

As stated below, resales in areas of new construction can often be a difficult situation, producing some good opportunities, if you are not interested in new construction.

As a licensed Civil Engineer I tend to be engaged early in planned community developments. If I can be of further assistance, to include a potential tour of the areas new developments, or available homes, please let me know.

Darren Sweet
(843) 609-7962
Healthy Realty
Christy G, , Summerville, SC
Wed Dec 12, 2012
I am a home owner from Cane Bay/Old Rice Retreat. I am currently renting the house out as I've moved on but I LOVE owning a home in Cane Bay and I LOVED living there. We had great neighbors; the schools are great. I loved living in a "remote" and quiet area but not being so far away from the main drag in Summerville to feel lost. Cane Bay Church does an exceptional job at being involved in the community and the schools. I never got the opportunity to drive around IN Del Webb but their entry is gorgeous and Ive heard nothing but good things about the community.

I will say this: with all the the new construction in Cane Bay for the last 4 years and continuing for at least another 2, it has been rough for resales. I dropped my price to the bottom line, walking away with just $30 and still couldn't sell. Most of the "interested" showings ended up going with new construction.