Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

02908 : Real Estate Advice

  • All17
  • Local Info2
  • Home Buying4
  • Home Selling2
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Tue Aug 16, 2016
Maricris A answered:

We are a real estate search engine so we don't represent the homes found on our site. Please follow these steps to begin your home search:

1. Click the 'Rent' tab at the top of our homepage.
2. Enter your desired city and state in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Click 'Max Price' to select what your highest price would be to pay for a home. Click 'Min Price' to set the lowest price you would pay.
4. Select your preferred property type, square footage, allowed pets, etc.
5. Click the orange 'Done' button.

This will begin to pull up listings that are more tailored to what you are looking for.

If you are interested in a listing, click on the "Request Viewing" button. You can also take advantage of our vast network of agents here:

We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:


Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Nprasad2 answered:

I was looking to buy a house in providence with similar issues, just last month. A good friend and neighbor, also a builder, recommended Mr. Paul Gadowry. His analysis made good sense and was able to suggest remedies. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the buyer to sufficiently factor the situation and reduce the price. But, then I found another opportunity and jumped on it.
good luck,

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Kathy Mittelstadt answered:
If your home has new or newer central heat and air, it is definitely going to attract more interest from buyers when you decide to resell and meanwhile you can enjoy the benefits of the new systems. I believe it is one upgrade that is worth doing to your home but you should ask a local realtor in your area what would be expected for your area. Also, certain mortgage programs require central heat at least so again, this would make your house appealing to more buyers. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 15, 2012
Jamie Rebello answered:
Go to and search through there, it will tell you who the listing agent is. If you need a buyers agent I'd be more than happy to help you with your home purchase, thank you. ... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Sun Jul 31, 2011
Cathy Sloan answered:
Call your CPA or ask some income tax preparation. My brother in law was given a sizeable gift againt a future inheritance. Based upon the size of the overall expected inheritance there was no tax required just a reporting to IRS by the parent granting the gift.

If the home you purchase is bank owned. The bank will require a proof of funds letter from a bank or brokerage firm. The name on the contract, to purchase, proof of funds letter and title/deed must all agree.
You will need to transfer the funds into an account that your son is on, prior to making an offer on bank owned. properties and possibly a short sale as well.
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Your agent should have requested an approval letter from the lender prior to accepting the offer. I would ask for a copy of that letter and call the lenders office direct. At this point if a loan commitment cannot be provided there should at least be a conditional loan approval. The loan approval may have outstanding conditions that still need to be cleared prior to the loan commitment being issued.

I would not panick unless a loan approval has not been issued. If thats the case the borrower has not had their income or assets approved by an Underwrite and it could equal more problems. As far as closing this week....its probably impossible at this time. Most lenders are running with a skeleton staff on the 24th if they are even open.

If you get a conditional approval in your hands you should be in good shape unless there is a laundry list of conditions that have not been satified by the borrower.

Best of luck!!

Ryan Brandenburger
BayBurg Financial
2972 NW 60th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Office: 954-764-7064 ext. 204
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Tue Nov 30, 2010
Phil Rotondo answered:
In Florida the statement is true. The law may vary from one state to another.
When it happened to one my clients, they were able to petition the Court....but they had a valid reason for missing the deadline. If this is your case, you may want to try petitioning the decision and see what happens.
Good Luck!
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Nov 29, 2010
Elizabeth Herbert answered:
Check with Town Hall. Phone: 401.421.7740 Ext: 248, 249

Also try these links;
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Apr 30, 2009
Sandra Brown answered:
The first thing is to talk to a mortgage broker. They can answer all your questions. If you would like the names of the brokers we work with, just let me know. Second, you should think about hiring a buyers agent, we can work with you from the beginning of the transaction to the end. Let me know if I can help. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 29, 2008
Mary Lyons answered:
Hi Beth,

Multi-family homes are certainly a good deal right now, so I can appreciate you wanting to take advantage of that. There are very few benefits to remodeling a two family into a one family home, what is is about this house that you like? Perhaps it is the neighborhood, or maybe you are new to the market and are exploring all of your options? Either way, I can help you, email me and we can discuss the best course of action for your unique situation.

Thanks for asking the question.

... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Dec 29, 2008
Dave Muti answered:
Like the other answers, it depends if an investment property or personal residence. However, even if a personal residence you do not want to over build or put in items that are above the market. The reason is that when you go to eventually sell your house you do not want to be the most expensive or unique home in the neighborhood. You want to fall right in the middle. This way you will have the largest number of potential buyers looking at your home. You can never go wrong staying on the conservative side. ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 14, 2008
Sarah Caddell answered:
you need two things as soon as possible a real estate agent in the area the home is in (to verify that you are correct) and most importantly a real estate attorney. Real estate agents are normally not lawyers and therefore can not and should never give legal advice. Contact the attorney he will advise you what you need to do. I have a few that my office uses on a regular basis. If you would like their information give me a call at (401)885-6260 ext 40 ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Oct 3, 2007
Ute Ferdig answered:
Hi Goggie. I don't know where deeds are recorded in the state where the property is located. I would suggest that you talk to a real estate agent in the town where the property is. The agent should be able to access current ownership records. If you find that your name is no longer on the deed, you'll have to seek legal advice. It sounds like you are still married as you say that you have been separated for 19 years. While you probably could file a dissolution of marriage or legal separation action in your state, that state court might not have jurisdiction to decide matters that involve real property located in another state. Since you are asking whether taking you off the title is legal, you are asking for legal advice. Only attorneys licensed in the state whose laws are involved may give legal advice. Real estate professional sare prohibited from giving legal advice and you should not rely on anything you read on the Internet as legal advice. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice