Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Prospect Heights : Real Estate Advice

  • All16
  • Local Info3
  • Home Buying2
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 14
Tue Apr 25, 2017
Mary answered:

As a general reference, Trulia does not have a central platform to post/edit listings. Instead, listings are sent to us through a variety of feed sources such as partners, brokers, agents, third-party feed providers, or directly from an MLS.

Your listing, specifically, is being sent to us from Zillow, which is our partner site that sends us listings.

Any changes you are requesting to your listing on Trulia will need to be updated at the source, Zillow. Here is a helpful link on how to edit your Zillow listing:

Your changes will automatically update to Trulia within 24 hours.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Please also note that I sent you an email regarding this concern.

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Aug 23, 2016
Neil Roxas answered:

The photos have been removed from our display as you requested.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

For future reference, you can feel free to contact us about this type of inquiry through our contact form here:

Thank you for using Trulia!

Consumer Care Advocate
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 27, 2015
Varun Nagpal asked:
I moved to Illinois, US in Jan 2014 on work permit (H1B) visa. I just have 16 months of employment history in US. Before this I was in foreign country. I have a decent credit score of 735…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 12, 2014
John Hamilton answered:
I know this is late in response, but it may help others, too.

Although I totally agree with Ross that an atty is your best route, it can be pricey, so check their credentials frist before paying them anything.

One way you can do yourself is check wiith the County Clerk's office for all permits. Any permit is required to be registered there. If no permits exist, check the county assessor's office for what they deem the property to have (2bd, 2ba, swqft, etc). Finally, check with the treasury to see if they have any outstanding liens or taxes. Using a referred by your lender Title Company can run a check for title issues.

Hope that helps.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 12, 2014
John Hamilton answered:
Hi Mary,

I'm no expert, so take this as free advise, bad or good.

Take a year to fix your credit by challenging what you can that is on your credit (collections, old debts). Research the internet and see how you DIY. Then hire an expert if it's all too much. Credit repair specialists can help, but for a fee. Try Score Sense dot com.

If you have a co-signor, it doesn't matter where they live as long as they are a US Citizen, have no criminal record (legal in every sense of the word), good income (
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Tue Feb 25, 2014
Bill Dafnis answered:
Well water is not a bad thing with the right filtration system. Well water does detract buyers from the area, but the addition of Lake Michigan water should only enhance the value of the property. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Jan 12, 2014
Maria Bernardi answered:
We can look for rentals in the area, no problem. What kind of total budget are we talking?
What are the other 'must haves' that your daughter is looking for?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Feb 22, 2012
Mark Minorczyk answered:

The fee for using a real estate office to list a property for rent/lease is one months rent. The fee is split between the listing and tenant's representative's office.
Depending on the real estate office marketing plan, agent's website, it will be distributed on to most of the real estate websites for maximum exposure. I find that the most of the interest generated is directly from the MLS, meaning that an agent sets up a search for the client. When the client sees something he/she likes, the agent is notified to set up an appointment.

If you would like to know what the area's rental rates are like, please feel free to contact me.


Mark Minorczyk BPOR, SFR


Cell: 773-320-0020

buying â–  selling â– leasing â–  relocating â–  investing â–  I can help!!!
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Sep 29, 2011
Hanson answered:
Sat Aug 6, 2011
Bill Eckler answered:

Most interior oil tanks are designed to pass through normal door openings. If this is the case, removal can be quite easily accomplished by having the oil pumped out and removing the legs prior to removing it.

But the value of the oil and resale value for the tank may generate you a tidy sum. I would begin by contacting the fuel supplier that sold you the oil to see what they would charge you to pump out the tank. At that point you and a hlepful neighbor may be able to remove the tank at cost of a six pack.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 22, 2010
Maria FORSBERG-VILLON answered:
It is not a valid listing all persons on deed have to sign a listing, call broker to cancel the deal, then call attorney to report the forgery and let all parties know that you have not authorized the sale and they also need you to sign at closing so if you do not show up there is no deal unless they forge a power of attorney, so end it already by calling the listing broker. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Tue Jul 28, 2009
Jan McNulty answered:
The only St. John's Place that I know of is in Palatine, IL, but I did google and there is a St. John's Place, Prospect Heights, New York. YOur question was listed in the Illinois page.
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice
Prospect Heights Zip Codes