would possibly like to see this house-may be up that way anyday from tues to thurs- gppigletq@earthlink.net

Asked by Maggie Killmar, Camano Island, WA Fri May 1, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1076018473-19332-Solano-Ct-So…

Answers

3
Jane Hansen, , 95476
Sat May 2, 2009
Hi Maggie,
This home had 4 offers right away. It was a terrific deal. There will be more, but you have to be a little patient. People are waiting to pounce as soon as a good one comes on the market. Getting pre-approved is essential so you don't have to wait for that once you find a perfect home. Would you like me to email you a list of all homes currently on the market in a certain price range? I live in the Sonoma Valley and would be happy to show you around the different neighborhoods. If you have some time, email or call me and we can drive around a little.
Jane
Pam Buda, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Sat May 2, 2009
Hi Maggie--Mike is right about that house. The price ranges under $400,000 are very active with multiple offers in some cases on the best houses because the banks are pricing them low to move them and short sellers are doing the same. I have sold a couple in that price range --or even lower-- in Sonoma this year (both to out of town buyers). Once we hit January-February properties really started to move. Above $400,000 or $500,000 it is a very different story as there are fewer sales in the upper price ranges, but even then, I know of a number of multiple offer situations in both Sebastopol and Healdsburg this year on the best properties so it pays to be ready.

That said, there are a lot of wonderful choices. Your best strategy might be to visit and become educated about the areas you like and of course receive email notifications, be pre-approved and then you will be able to strike quickly when you find the right property. I set up private web sites for clients to receive notifications of new listings and sort them (I can sort as well) from the newly matched tab into saved and rejected groups. That way we can literally be on the same page during a search and share thoughts and comments. Best wishes for you!
Mike Bryant, , Sebastopol, CA
Fri May 1, 2009
Unfortunately, that home had an offer accepted on March 18th and is currently in contract. The home is being sold as a "short sale", and the buyer and seller are apparently awaiting the lender's approval for a purchase for less than the seller owes on the home.
Please fell free to contact me anytime for a list of homes that may be similar to this one, or if you would like to get some help with your home search and have listings sent to as soon as they become available. Also, short sales and bank owned homes can be a little confusing, please let me know if I can provide some additional information to help explain them,
Best of luck!

Mike