would like more information on home, located on middletown rd.?

Asked by William P. Jae, Pittsburgh, PA Sun Oct 5, 2008

we are looking into buying a second home in pittsburgh, closer to family. we were thinking about buying a head of time, then relocating in a few years. And in the mean time, taking trips to pittsburgh and getting the home ready. We are home owners in Virgina Beach. I was looking into this home, because its affordable.Could you send me more information on this home. Thank You
--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1067795057-2867-Middletown-Rd…

Answers

1
Jeffrey Benn…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Sun Oct 5, 2008
That particular property is now under contract, I'm afraid. When you search using public sites, the information can be out-of-date. It was a foreclosure, taken by the bank in '06. It was listed in August at $21,900, and sold within a week (hasn't closed yet, so I don't know what it sold for).

I have other clients who are doing this as well -- buying now, renting 2-3 years, then planning to move in later.

Pittsburgh still has very affordable housing (moreso lately) -- and not just foreclosures, which have other problems (e.g., poor condition that makes it difficult to renovate and manage them long distance).

As the first responder said, you need a dedicated local agent working with you to find properties. Let me know when you're planning a trip; I'd be happy to assist you.