who is the owner of this house and whose name is the property tax in?

Asked by Eugene Vinson, Chicago, IL Thu Feb 12, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Illinois/Chicago/sold/21078675-9…

Answers

2
Don Yosef Ma…, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Mon May 25, 2009
Dear Eugene,
The last answer is incorrect since I used to work for the Assessor's office. The inofrmation the asessor has is only the mailing adress of record which may or may NOT be the owner of record. Just because a name is on a property is doesn't guarranty that they are the owner. In order to find out who is the true owner if you have any doubts from the information you get from the assessor, you would have to go to the record of deeds office or on line and do a tile/mortgage search
Scott Newman, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Most of the information you seek is public knowledge and can be found by going to the Cook County Assessor's website and doing an address search. I am happy to help further but would need to know more about your reasons for wanting to obtain such information to feel comfortable.

Scott Newman
Newman Realty