fastbum, Home Buyer in Jackson, NJ

who do i get information from on this house?

Asked by fastbum, Jackson, NJ Tue Nov 6, 2012

This question was asked from this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Thu Dec 6, 2012

I do not suggest contacting the listing agent to show you, and potentially sell you, the home.

You want a separate agent representing you in the transaction. Think of it as if you were in litigation and the same attorney was representing the defendent and plaintiff. Not good. Although "dual agency" - where the listing agency represents both the seller and buyer in a transaction is legal in NJ, with so many agents out there wouldn't you want someones full attention and allegience to you alone?

I suggest contacting a LOCAL real estate agent, not from the listing company, and have him/her show you the home.
0 votes
Alison Hillm…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Nov 12, 2012
Hi fastbum,

That's a good question! You should work directly with the listing agent who can help you learn more about that specific property (and probably will know a lot about similar properties in the area). To find an agent, just click on the yellow button on the property's Trulia listing and you will be able to start a dialogue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else. I am happy to be a resource for you. Good luck with the search!

Ali, Trulia Voices Community Manager
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Jackson Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more