which years were the homes built that may contain defective sheet rock and will this be disclosed before showing a home

Asked by Blondeharleydoll, Bolton, CT Tue Mar 26, 2013

Answers

3
The Von Ohlen…, Agent, Stuart, FL
Wed Apr 3, 2013
It started occuring as early as 2004 but was more prevelant in 2006-2007. Only if they know it has defective drywall will it be disclosed. That is why I would highly recommend having it inspected if the home was built during that time period. Hope this helps! Good luck

Jillian Bruening
http://www.JillianSellsHomes.com
Constance Cr…, Agent, Wellington, FL
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Good Day,

Hope this e-mail finds you ding well.

Chinese/defective drywall was used in building and renovation project/s as far back as 2001.

When showing homes you will identify indicators of Drywall associated corrosion as follows:

1. Observed corrosion of air conditioner coil with black corrosion on copper tubing components.

2. Observed metal corrosion on one or more of the following:copper wires, ground wires, and electrical connectors, chrome -plated bathroom fixtures, and mirror backing in bathrooms.

3. High toxic Ammonia smell in the home with drywall that are grey/black in color.

Trained professionals performing home inspections etc will identify and/or confirm the above captioned indicators.

In addition, the Seller/Owner are requred to disclose if they are aware of defective drywall.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions and/or concerns.

Constance Crawford, P. A.
Florida Realtor®
The finest compliment I can receive is a referral from my Friends and Clients.
Certified Distress Property Expert ®
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource ®
Direct: (561) 601-2622
E-mail: Constance@AdvantaRealty.com
TO VIEW THOUSANDS OF PROPERTIES GO TO: ccrawford.advantarealty.com
TO VIEW ON MOBILE PROPERTIES GO TO: M.ccrawford.advantarealty.com
THINK FORECLOSURE IS THE ONLY OPTION? Think again: http://www.ConstanceCares.com
Constance Cr…, Agent, Wellington, FL
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Good Day,

Hope this e-mail finds you ding well.

Constance Crawford, P. A.
Florida Realtor®
Certified Distress Property Expert ®
Short Sales & Foreclosure Resource ®
Direct: (561) 601-2622
E-mail: Constance@AdvantaRealty.com