where is waterrord lakes? Is it close to Lake Mary?

Asked by Videth Newton-herring, Staten Island, NY Wed Jun 24, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/42572560-604-Widow-Bartley-Dr…

Answers

5
Louise Warri…, , Lake Mary, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Hi Videth -- The area of Waterford Lakes is by the Orlando airport. The City of Lake Mary is north of Orlando about 10-15 miles. These are both nice communities but I must say I'm a little partial to Lake Mary. It was voted a couple of years ago by Money Magazine as the #1 Best Place in the South to Live (#4 in the Country!) We have great schools, shopping, hospitals, entertainment, easy access to the interstate and toll road 417 which can get you south to the attractions or north to the beaches quickly. Lake Mary is a pretty little city with all price ranges of housing, numerous golf courses both public and private, and is overall a great place to raise a family or retire.

If you're interested in finding a property here in the Orlando area, please give me a call. I'd love to help you find a terrific place to live at an affordable price. I'm warning you though, if you move here make sure you have at least one guest room for all your friends and relatives to visit. You become instantly popular when you move here!

Happy House Hunting!

Louise Warring, e-PRO, CSP, CNS
Certified Short Sale Professional
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
Gay Middleton, , Orlando, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Hi Videth
Here is some info that might help

Waterford Lakes Orlando FL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waterford Lakes is located in East Orlando, Florida.

The Waterford Lakes community offers a variety of housing options in family oriented neighborhoods. Single Family Homes in Waterford Lakes range from the high 100's to the low 400's.

The great community of Waterford Lakes has many amenities featuring a pool, tennis courts, basketball, racquetball, softball, playground and exercise trail.

Within just 10 minutes you can be at the Waterford Lakes Town Center which is home to popular retailers, including Super Target, Best Buy and T.J. Maxx. Waterford Lakes is also home to more than 100 specialty shops, a variety of restaurants, Regal Cinemas 20 theater and ongoing entertainment in a park-like, open-air environment.

Waterford Lakes has easy access to SR 408 and SR 417. Waterford Lakes is just a short distance away from the Orlando International Airport, downtown Orlando, UCF and Central Florida's world class theme parks, including Disney World, Universal Studios and SeaWorld. The resale value of Waterford Lakes and surrounding neighborhoods has remained steady due to it's location and ammenities. Very close to employment centers such as Lockheed Martin and Siemens. The drawbacks are higher Homeowners Fees and a bit more traffic congestion due to the expanding neighborhoods and the desire to live here, however there is a new road opening soon that will give access directly to a major East/West roadway and to the airport. This will help with the commute.

The schools are highly rated and there is access to Hospital and health care very near. East side of Orange county is the fastest growing segment of the Orlando Metro area. Short drive to beaches too!

On the other hand, here is Lake Mary info. By the way voted #4 Best Place to Live in 2007 according to Money magazine.

4. Lake Mary, Fla.
Population: 13,200
Median home price (2006): $321,173
Average property taxes (2005): $2,419
Pros: Big-economy jobs, small-town feel, no income tax
Cons: Florida summers, Florida hurricanes

Lake Mary may be only 30 minutes from Orlando and 45 from Daytona Beach, but residents have plenty of shopping, restaurants and events in their own backyard. There are lakes for boating and fishing, and the Timacuan golf course lies in the center of town. Recreation is one thing, but jobs keep Lake Mary humming. On weekdays the population rockets from less than 14,000 to more than 35,000 as commuters arrive.

Housing prices have been on decline as it has been in all of Florida, but a four-bedroom, three-bath house may still be had for $200,000. Of course, there's always the weather to worry about. In 2004 the town spent more than $2 million cleaning up after hurricanes.

The neighborhoods and schools are inviting, but if you need to commute South and West toward Orlando you will encounter the biggest traffic parking lot in the Orlando Area, I-4. It is a commute many will make the sacrifice just to live in upscale Lake Mary and surrounding area. It is Seminole County not Orange County, tax base will be different in each area.

For over 10 years I have listed and sold property in the entire Metro Orlando area. I do specialize in the East Orange area of Waterford Lakes. I wanted to give a bit of info on both areas. The BEST way to find out is to visit Orlando, even if for a short vacation. We are the #1 Tourist Destination! Make contact with a Realtor that will take the time to show you around and assist you in finding the best home that fits your search criteria and make sure that the Realtor you choose is not directing you to areas they work or wish you to see. It is not about them (Realtor) it is about you (the Buyer,Customer).

If you appreciate great Customer Service take if from a Realtor that makes it about YOU, give me a call and we can talk more about what you are looking for in a property purchase in Florida. I will leave my contact information below and I hope you give me a call so we can get to know each other better.

Regards and I look forward to speaking with you.

Gay Middleton
Realtor**Moving You in the Right Direction
407.493.3699
http://www.waterfordlakeresales.com
Web Reference:  http://www.gaymiddleton.com
Jennifer De…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Both the preceding agents were right in their answer. Lake Mary is considered a little bit more of a desirable area and is located in Seminole county with an A rated school district. However, Waterford Lakes is also a very desirable masterplanned community with golf courses, parks, A rated schools, community centers and more. It is also close to UCF and only 15 minutes to downtown by the 408. Let me know if you have any further questions. I can update you on homes in the community if you like via email
Web Reference:  http://www.devivorealty.com
Kelly Linehan, Agent, Oviedo, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Waterford Lakes in located in east Orlando. It is about a 30 - 40 minute drive southeast of Lake Mary.
James Pruett, Agent, Longwood, FL
Wed Jun 24, 2009
Waterford Lakes is in the southeast quadrant of Orlando area.