when you replace a house under the grand farther clause do they go by town records for bedroom replacement or agents statement?

Asked by Paul, Concord, NH Thu Mar 11, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Tom McGuirk, Agent, Hampton, NH
Fri Mar 12, 2010
Each town is different. Grandfathering is typically not considered for replacement unless the replacement is due to no fault of the homeowner (ie fire).

Is the limitation on the bedrooms due to septic? zoning? And what is their policy on rebuilding what currently exists? These are the questions that need to be asked to the building department. Only they have the authority to grant the permit to replace, rebuild. No REALTOR is authorized to make representation regarding the property that conflicts with the town.

If you have a issue that needs mitigation with the town, contact an attorney. It is well worth the investment.
Web Reference:  http://www.tommcguirk.com
0 votes
Val Cloutier, Agent, Londonderry, NH
Thu Mar 11, 2010
Hi Paul
Only the town has the authority to issue permits. An agent or appraiser's statement may be taken into consideration, but in the end, the town will decide, will issue permits, certificate of occupancy, etc.
Web Reference:  http://www.SNHhome.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Concord Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more