what's the crime rates of this area compares to carmel?

Asked by Min, 22903 Thu Mar 26, 2009

could you let me know what repairs are needed for this house? how about the transfer history? Why the tax is so high on the list? it seems does not matches the price of this property.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/nearby/z-15/t-G_MAP_TYPE/39.866875,-86…

Answers

3
Mariam Rahma…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Thu Mar 26, 2009
This is the best local website to view area crime reports http://imaps.indygov.org/cvc/ you simply type any address and will give you all of the recent reported activity.

As for the tax situation, most properties in Wash Twp can have their assessed value appealed after a new purchase. You can use tools such as an appraisal (upon new financing), HUD (closing statement) and comps (comparable sales) to appeal the assessed tax value of a home. At most you will pay one quarter at a higher amount, then the tax amount will be adjusted accordingly.

I am very familiar with Carmel and specialize in greater Washington Twp, there is quite a difference, both areas have a lot to offer. If you would like me to send you a "choice" list of properties from both areas based on price, # bedrooms and neighborhoods, I would be happy to do so!
Marita Topmi…, Agent, Indianapolis, IN
Thu Mar 26, 2009
Hi Min,

I can not tell you what repairs the home needs, because I have not seen
it yet. Please check the crime rates at the Indianapolis Police Department
website. Simply google indianapolis police department.

The taxes are high because the assessment is high - $378,700. It is a nice area of similar homes,
quick to downtown Indy, not far from the interstate.

About Carmel: Further from downtown Indy, but served by 465 interstate. Taxes are generally lower
in Carmel. Carmel has many upscale neighborhoods, a beautiful, new civic center, wonderful parks,
walking trails, lots of golf courses, it's own concert hall under construction, great shopping and dining.

If you are planning to invest in our market, the home you found is priced to give a pretty good spread
already. If you are planning to move here, you might check out Carmel before making a decision.

Let me know if you would like me to help you.

Thanks for asking,

Marita Topmiller
Assoc Broker/ Realtor
marita@maritatopmiller.com
Ken Fisher, Agent, Fishers, IN
Thu Mar 26, 2009
I recommend that you contact the Marion County Sheriff's office as well as the Carmel City Police Department for accurate information.