Property Q&A in Westfield>Question Details

Ray Sthilaire, Other/Just Looking in 01085

what if a ton of work has been completed in and out of this home, is 300,000 too much?

Asked by Ray Sthilaire, 01085 Thu Feb 17, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Massachusetts/Westfield/sold/922…

Answers

3
Look at the tax assessed value. Next look at the amount of improvements. If a house is very awesome and desirable you will pay a little more. Most people coming in with financing will have to worry about an appraisal. I tell my clients who want to ask crazy amounts of money for their home to have a private appraisal prior to listing it.
Your Realtor should give you advice on these things. If you don't have a buyers agent you could pay way too much.
interesting, town has it assessed at 195,000. RPR a realtors tool has a value at 445000. Average list price in Westfield is 263,000 average of homes uner agreement is 187,000 average of homes sold 240,000

PS as to value, when you go to get financing the bank will do an appraisal and it will give you what they feel its worth in comparison to what has sold. That said some home have added value to the buyer, who will pay for it.

So I guess if you like the home, have seen what is available in the market, and feel it is worth the price to you, then go for it. Remember a home is not an investment, it is a place to live in, a forced way of saving money and if you make a wise choice will sell quicker in the market at the then fair market value.

Good Luck.

Louis Wolfson
Web Reference: http://www.LouisWolfson.net
Hi Ray,

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you own the property and are looking for pricing opinions? If you could be more specific, I'd be glad to help you out.

Thank you.