trulia listing says my property is .98 acre. It is 1.001 on my survey. Why would their size be different?

Asked by Tmvinc, Westport, CT Sun May 13, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Connecticut/Westport/sold/326015…

Answers

6
Nick Gandhi, Agent, Stamford, CT
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Hello Tmvinc

The townhall keeps records of all properties, I would check those records as a primary check point.

However, the townhall is not 100% accurate, so it very well may be that there is a mistake in the records. Your survey is a good way to back up the claim and have it changed.

We have several people in our network who can assist you with this change. If you wish, please call me and I will be happy to help

Nick Gandhi
Equity Capital Real Estate
(203) 280 3838
Dagny Eason, Agent, Wilton, CT
Tue Oct 2, 2012
I do not believe that Trulia has access to the surveys and all data from the towns, so some of their information is found to be incorrect from time to time.
Betty Stroll, Agent, Greenwich, CT
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Hi Tmvinc: I would visit vision appraisals to verify the information. If its still incorrect, I would contact an attorney to assist you with the dilemma.If you would like to speak with me directly you may call me at 203-682-4327 or email me at betty.stroll@raveis.com.
Tmvinc, Home Owner, Westport, CT
Mon May 14, 2012
Turns out every house on the cul de sac street is listed under Trulia as .98, under zillow as 1.0 and every house on street at visionappraisal.com is listed at 1.0. My current survey shows 1.001 so I guess Trulia is just wrong or maybe takes some % off for access from telephone poles or access cause a town road?
Hello TMVinc, Town acreage records will round off to nearest 100th, so I would not be too concerned about the discrepancy. You have the A-2, and that's a good thing. Keep it in a safe place, and all the best.

I am happy to be of any help to you.
Flag Mon May 14, 2012
Judy Szablak, Agent, Westport, CT
Sun May 13, 2012
Interesting dilemma. I am assuming that you have an A-2 survey. As a note, sometimes the information on Trulia and Zillow, to name a few - can be incorrect.

What do the town records say, and when was your survey taken? If the town records specify the .98 acre, then it may require some looking into, and I would advise that you contact an attorney to see what remedies you may have, .

To find the town records on your property, you can research it online by going to visionappraisal.com.

Hope that helps!

Judy Szablak

http://www.CThomesAndRealEstate.com
http://www.theCTrealtyBlog.com
Stephanie Ba…, Agent, Southport, CT
Sun May 13, 2012
The best place to go for clarification is your town hall. Most times the info that is posted comes from the tax assesors field card, and directly into the MLS. How recent is your survey?