Question removed

Asked by Gretchen Van Houten, Littleton, CO Sun Feb 22, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

1
Kendra, , Jefferson County, CO
Sun Feb 22, 2009
There is a 1 car dettached garage with this unit, plus additional off-street parking. However, this home is subject to short sale. If you are not familiar with this term, it simply means that the home is pre-foreclosure. SO, the sellers are trying (as a last resort) to sell the property before the sale date at a price less than what they owe and hope the bank takes it. The problem with short sales is, that while it sounds like a good deal, the seller prices the property at a price that is NOT guaranteed. The seller wants to get offers because a bank will not negotiate a short sale without an offer, so the seller prices the home LOW to get attention and offers and then the bank will often counter with a price much higher. Banks have also been known to take 3-9 months to approve a short sale. It is a little misleading pricing a home for $174,900 when it will probbaly take the bank closer to $200K or $220K to sell before foreclosure. It is really not the best way to obtain the best deal. Bank owned homes or HUDS are a great way to get a better "deal" although those homes will need work. It really comes down to what you are looking for. I would be happy to discuss this with you further and send you an email containing other properties that are currently for sale as well as a detailed photo/detail sheet on the prop you mentioned. Please email or call me:

Kendra Lanterman
KLanterman7905@yahoo.com
(720) 434-6432

I hope to hear from you soon! It is a great market and a great time to buy BUT you have to know what you be aware of...