Question removed

Asked by Matt Tourangeau, Edina, MN Fri Jan 23, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

3
Sandy Stavnes, , Minneapolis, MN
Sat Jan 24, 2009
Thanks for the info. I hadn't known. I have laid claim to mine and will make sure to do so in the future.
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Fri Jan 23, 2009
Matthew,

You might consider bringing this to the agent's attention as well as Trulia's. I would assume that repeat offenders will no longer be able to continue with Trulia.

You might also consider talking to MAR about this. I am certain that MN law does not allow a broker to represent that a property is for sale unless they have a valid listing agreement. If you feel that the claiming of your listing was intentional or particularly grevious, you could also file a complaint.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com
Rita Fong, Agent, Marion, AR
Fri Jan 23, 2009
It happened to me before, claiming the listing will not prevent it. I claimed all my listings, and one of my listings was "transferred" to another agent who is miles away from my market. I mean the listing was taken over by another agent, I couldn't do anything with it at all. It would redirect the viewer to that agent's website everytime you clicked the link. I ended up sent an email to Trulia, they fixed it and it did not happen any more.

It is true, anyone can claim any listings on this web site, no one will know unless the listing agent keeps checking their listings.