Question removed

Asked by Dave Truitt, Columbus, OH Wed Jan 21, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

5
Tony Barker, Agent, Cypress, TX
Wed Jan 21, 2009
Your best course to to prevent instead of cure, so take the lesson for the next time. Have a "roles and expectations " conversation including loyality and making sure they know to include you on new home sales and the benefits. Lower cost, more insentives, negotiations. Next, offer new home sales to your buyers during the showings and register them up front before you take them to model homes. Call the builder rep and speak generically about your buyer. Tell the buyer your negotiation frame work with US against the builder for best results. You may get more BTSAs.

On this deal, ask them if they would go to court without an attorney? When they say no, let them know that is what they are doing. Let them know your frame work and it can be undone and fixed. 75% they will still stick with the deal because they were prepped by the builder. Remind the builder that you will spread the word about their tactics too.
I hope this helps.
Brittany Sim…, , Columbus, OH
Wed Jan 21, 2009
I pre-emptive strike the new build market. I include these homes in my searches and ask clients up front about their interest in new builds and if they would like to see what's available in that market. You will be surprised how many times people say yes.

I find I do not get cut out taking this approach.

Rita Fong, Agent, Marion, AR
Wed Jan 21, 2009
Hi, Dave,

Sometimes it is not what you did wrong, there are some buyers will just listen to other's opinion. Especially when a builder tells them they don't need an agent, the builder can use the agent's commission as a discount for them. To us, it doesn't cost a buyer one thing to use our service, but when someone told them they can get a house cheaper without using us, what do you think they will do. I had 2 experiences before, one of them actually told me they are definitely use me as their agent, a month later, they used a builder without letting me know. Don't take it personal, sometimes we can't please everybody, and there are some buyers not loyal to anybody. We just have to move on and focus on next project, don't waste your energy to keep thinking what went wrong. I know exactly how you feel, that does make us mad, but you have done everything a good agent should do, there will be always another buyer.

Web Reference:  http://www.ritafong168.com
Katie, , Columbus, OH
Wed Jan 21, 2009
I use the phrase, "the only one saving money on the deal is the Seller/Builder. Who is representing your interests?"

Hang in there!

Katie McCann
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Wed Jan 21, 2009
What happened is what happens most of the time,you didnt register them w/the builder,and we dont follow up enough and this will happen,Yeah I know they dont save any money.Always a hard one to swallow.Stay on top of your next buyer.Good huntin.

Regards;

TJ
Web Reference:  http://tjroberts.remax.com