Question removed

Asked by Betty, Arkansas Sun Jan 18, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

1
Leigh Watson, , Fort Collins, CO
Sun Jan 18, 2009
As a buyer, you should know the current condition of your home. I would say, yes. Even if the buyer has not stepped foot inside the property, a new buyer should always get a home inspection from an outside party professional inspection company. I would say use a different inspection company also. Often different inspectors find different things.
First of all, it is your best protection in the under/contract process. If you wish, your Realtor can submit an Inpection Notice to request that the seller repair items. With a brand new inspection, you have a stronger leg to stand on.
Also, during the vacant period, things, like weather could have done damage to the home, the roof, the exterior. Also, most likely, the furnace or water heater has been working during the vacant period. It is not unheard of for a furnace to randomly malfunction.

Professional inspections typically cost about $300-400 for the average single-family home. If you purchase the home with a furnace that recently went " ka-poot" or termites have took up residency in the walls last month, wouldn't you be glad you got the inspection and requested the seller to repair these items at seller's expense?