Question removed

Asked by GreenGrowTheLilacs, Cottage Grove, OR Fri Jan 16, 2009

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

4
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Jan 17, 2009
Sierra,

Having grown up in a neighborhood that was approximately 100 yards from 4 lanes of railroad track, with trains running about every 20-30 minutes that would cause windows to rattle and buildings to shake....you get used to it and don't even realize when trains are passing.

The other reality is that the resale value of this home will be seriously impacted by its location. Every potential buyer will be asking the same questions you are.
Susan Neukae…, Agent, Roseburg, OR
Fri Jan 16, 2009
As always a buyer should check into this type of thing theirself so there is no misunderstanding. The train tracks are near the property and the train is usually going to pick up loaded lumber cars at RFP which is located about a mile further south on Highway 99. They do the switching on the RFP property so that is not being done in your back yard.
Central Oregon & Pacific Railroad is based in Roseburg and that is where you would need to go for schedules. You will need to get the phone number from the internet as they do not have a listing in the Roseburg phone book.

Sue Neukaemper/Broker
Prudential RE Professionals
1479 NW Mulholland
Roseburg, OR 97470
541-673-1890 ext 5206
Dirk Knudsen…, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Fri Jan 16, 2009
That is a ways from the tracks and on acreage so it sure less of an impact that what we would see in town where we have homes on small lots backing up to it.

I have been asked this question about a hundred times on various properties. You need to find out what rail road that is and call their offices and they will give you the number for the nearest conducters office where they will be able to give you a daily schedule sort of....that will change almost every week.

The more important thing is to find a neighbor and call them. The Realtor and Owner of course will say it is no issue! If you email your info I will call the title company there and get you the name of the three closest neighbors and see if you can find their numbers in a directory or online....find out from those who live there.

You might also find some really interesting stuff out about the home and area!

Email me your info at dirkknudsen@gmail.com.

Thanks and way to look out for yourself!

Best wishes;

Dirk

Re/Max Hall of Fame
Principal Broker
Web Reference:  http://www.theknudsens.com
Cameron Piper, Agent, Forest Lake, MN
Fri Jan 16, 2009
Sierra,

Most agents won't have this information off hand. I would recommend calling the railroad and asking what the schedule is for that track. Once you get that information I would make plans to be at the property (on a showing) for one of the scheduled trains and simply listen.

Cameron Piper
Web Reference:  http://www.campiper.com