Question removed

Asked by Krismodjes, Silverado, CA Thu Jun 30, 2011

This question was removed by its author.


Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jun 30, 2011
There are currently 19 homes listed for sale in your area, 18 of them are listed under "Si" for the city name & 1 is listed under "Mo" for Modjeska Canyon, even though all are in the same area & come up as "Silverado" as the city in tax records.

43 homes sold in your area last year & 6 of them were listed under "Mo" as the city.

It seems to me you may have been having problems getting other agents to even view your listing because they were all looking under the "Si" for the city name, since that's how the vast majority of all the listings are categorized.

Next time you list the house, make sure the listing agent puts it under the city code of "Si" and you'll get more agents pulling it up in their searches.
0 votes
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jun 30, 2011
If you have legal permits for the house & the city inspector has no issue with any of your additions / modifications, this is NOT what caused your home not to sell. The only reason your home didn't sell is because it was overpriced. It would not sell for the price you had it listed for, for 326 days, even with price reductions.

If you would like a new analysis performed for what your home is worth TODAY, I would be happy to help.
I promise to give you only brutally honest advice on current values.
0 votes
Arthur, , Pasadena, CA
Thu Jun 30, 2011
The tax records show it at 538 sqft. This matter should be taken up with the county assessors office. . You should also make sure that your permits were finalized and that the city has these on file. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. This matter is nothing new to me and should not have cost you a sale.

0 votes
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jun 30, 2011
Trulia is only reporting what is shown in public tax records, albeit, they're even off by 5 square feet. The tax record search that I can do shows that your property is 538sqft.

The only way to get this fixed is to go to the city with your permits for your additions & make them reflect it in public records. This could also cause your property tax to increase if it gets reassessed.
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Silverado Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more