records show that this home was last sold in 1991, when did the pervious owner purchse this home?

Asked by xml14z19hl, Scottsdale, AZ Wed Dec 14, 2011

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Arizona/Scottsdale/sold/20475008…

Answers

6
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Thu Dec 15, 2011
The MLS provides the following sales history:

One of the owners Trust deeded to another of the owners Trust in Feb 1991. Lets call it the "Smith" Trust.
Smith Trust A deeded to Smith Trust B in Feb 1991.
The Smith Trust conveyed the property to the Bob & Betty Smith as individuals prior to Oct 2003.
In Oct 2003, Bob & Betty Smith deeded the property to Betty Smith because she took out a mortgage on the property at that time.
After the loan closed, Betty Smith deeded the property back to Bob & Betty Smith.
All those deeds were not actual "sales"
To find out when the Smiths actually came into title would require a title search or a “chain of title” which the title company will charge a fee to do.
Regards
Stephanie We…, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Thu Dec 15, 2011
Given that I have a natural curious nature and after some further digging, the "Smith's" acquired this property by a joint tenancy deed in Dec 1986 from a non-related individual so I'm guessing that's when they purchased it. The public records do not have an Affidavit of Value attached to that deed.
(I was in the escrow & title insurance business for 27 years prior to becoming a licensed agent)
Craig Harland, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Dec 14, 2011
The online tax records do not reflect the prior sale, it is too long ago for electronic records. A title search would have to be conducted.

Thank you
Craig Harland
Solutions Real Estate
602-492-7060
http://www.searchforhomesarizona.com
Patricia Cain, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Dec 14, 2011
My records indicate that this property was sold last 10/16/03. I would be happy to email you this information.

Thank you and happy holidays,
Patricia
Lucinda Tkach, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Dec 14, 2011
A title search would have to be conducted to find out that information.

If you would like a title representative to assist you with a title search feel free to contact me direct.

Feel free to contact me for a market analysis on your current home.

Lucinda
Michael High…, , Phoenix, AZ
Wed Dec 14, 2011
Hello, the online records show the present owner purchased the home on 2/21/1991, but do not go back further. The home was built in 1979, so there is a possibility the property sold more than once in the time between. Why are you interested?