please post form: TERMINATION OF BUYER AGENCY AGREEMENT

Asked by Jake, Austin, TX Wed Apr 7, 2010

Answers

9
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Jake, here is the link to get the form you're looking for: http://www.trec.state.tx.us/formslawscontracts/forms/forms-c…

Joe Jarusinsky, REALTOR/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty
Donna Goode, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Apr 10, 2010
Hello Jake,

Actually there is a form - TAR 1503 - Termination of Buyer/Tenant Representation Agreement. As everyone before has stated, an email or some notification from you in writing to your agent is generally acceptable notification. However, your agent may use this form to clearly spell out the terms of the termination including any fees due for services rendered and fees due if you purchase a home in a specified period of time. The amount may be zero, but this document will make it very clear and is signed by both the agent and the buyer.

If you need addtional help, give me a call or email.

Donna Goode
512-203-8917
donnagoode@kw.com
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Apr 7, 2010
Agree, I've not seen a form for the termination of the agreement. If you have signed a Buyer Agency Agreement, and I take it you have, and you have grounds to terminate it prior to its expiry, then put it in writing. Recommend you talk to the agents manager/broker as well.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
I noticed this is a few years ago you posted this response, but I am having the same issue currently. I have spoken to the agent and the broker. The agent is in breach of contract. He didn't post my listing until 8 days later in addition he has scribbled out/changed percentages on my agreement without my knowledge. Now he is holding my house hostage and not letting me out of the agreement. Any ideas? I've tried a lawyer's letter, I've filed a complaint with the NJ Board of Realtors but this guy isn't budging.
Flag Thu Oct 30, 2014
Sarahrestoink, Home Buyer, Austin, TX
Sun Oct 16, 2016
Invaluable ideas ! BTW , if anyone needs to fill out a TX TREC No. 38-4 , my family encountered a blank document here https://goo.gl/fVrqtU
bmanes, Home Buyer, Carbondale, CO
Sun Jan 25, 2015
I signed a Buyer termination agreement with a broker and then bought a house listed on the termination agreement. who do I owe a commission to?
Perry Hender…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Apr 8, 2010
I don;t think there is a termination of Buyers Agency form and even if there was, there would require both signatures. The agreement is to protect the agent who is working hard for the client who are many times are enticed to drop the agent for another.
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Apr 8, 2010
The forms listed below technically can only be used by trained real estate licensees. The main thing you want to do is put it in writing. Email the agent and his/her broker if you have that information. If not you will want to go to the broker's office to avoid any issues coming up in the future and also if this individual has done anything unethical you need to tell the broker and possibly go to TREC as well.
1st Zero-Emi…, , Austin, TX
Thu Apr 8, 2010
yes, simply send an email or written note (email is easy documentation - just make sure to get a reply confirmation) to the Agent you wish to cancel with.

Assuming the Agent is not fulfilling his/her roles and responsibilities, you shouldn't have any problems with it. The Agent will simply hold you accountable to any home that he/she has shown you and should have a claus explaining that. (simply to prevent a buyer from using services of the Agent then making deals behind backs after work is performed)

As long is there is no malicious activity from your end, you should have an easy exit with a simple email to your Agent requesting a termination of the representation agreement.
Jay Ferguson, , Austin, TX
Wed Apr 7, 2010
the agreement can be terminated at anytime, use the link Joesph provided. I would always say put it in writing to the agent and the broker both and request confirmation. Do not walk assuming. Good Luck!