Property Q&A in 70403>Question Details

Santana Walk…, Other/Just Looking in Hammond, LA

im going to finish school in a while here in louisiana and move to TN 6months after i have graduated to buy my own home

Asked by Santana Walker, Hammond, LA Fri May 4, 2012

ill be 22 once im ready to move from Louisiana to TN t.. Ive been looking at houses there. My question is, How will i be financed from my current state to get a home in TN?

Help the community by answering this question:


Here is the answer:

You need a two yr work history or a 2 yr + college or tech history., your edcuation history can be used as your work history as long as your new job is directly related to your degree.

If you move from 1 state to another, You can qualify with out any delay if you transfer with in the same company.

If you find another job in the same field or line of work, there is usually a 6 month employment probation period.

If you move and start another career in a different field or line of work, 2 year wait
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 4, 2012
Hi Santana,

Congratulations on your upcoming move & graduation! If you are looking for a home in Tennessee, it would be best to start working with a realtor that is licensed in Tennessee & is working in the city you are planning to relocate to. He/she will be able to give you direction on availability of homes, home loan programs that are available & area lenders/financial institutions that may be helpful to you. I will be glad to refer you to someone in the area if you would like. Please feel free to contact me: Cell: 985-373-6233, Office: 985-674-7789, Email:

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Heidi Blount
Avalar Realty Louisiana
1200 W. Causeway Appr., Ste. 27
Mandeville, LA 70471
Licensed in Louisiana
Each office independently owned & operated
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer