i was thinking of buying the empty lot next to my house, how do I find out the address so I can even begin to look at a price?

Asked by Sublime365, Rio Grande, NJ Tue Jan 19, 2010

Answers

7
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Tue Jan 19, 2010
Sublime,

If the property is not currently for sale but you want to know who owns it to make an offer, first go to your townships' tax assessors office. Find your house on the tax maps then ask about the property next door , get the lot and block number and then find out who the owner is. The tax assessor has all the current information for you. Then ask a local realtor to do a market analysis on the value and consult a real estate attorney on the proper way to offer to purchase the property.

If its already listed and you want to purchase it, ask a local realtor to find it in the MLS and ask him/her to do an evaluation of the market value and have him/her help you write a contract to purchase.
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Tue Jan 19, 2010
Hi Sublime...

Get in touch with a local realtor, Like David Reed below. I am sure he can get a tax map and find the owner for you. If you get a Realtor to work for you.. it will cost you nothing to do! Just agree to use that person wiht your purchase!

David Read, Agent, Avalon, NJ
Tue Jan 19, 2010
I will be happy to help get any information you need. If you can call me, I can get info from you so I can research the lot you have in mind. My number is 609-870-0066

David Read
Weichert, Realtors
Jose Luis Va…, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Sun Jul 13, 2014
I want to buy a empty lot by mi house
Sherry Yampa…, Agent, North Wildwood, NJ
Mon Mar 11, 2013
Just go to your local tax office and tell them your address, and ask them about the vacant lot, ask them who has ownership. Go online and look up the person.
Joanne Berna…, Agent, Northfield, NJ
Sat Aug 18, 2012
Sounds like you could use some help! The best place to start is to look up the property in tax records. The next step is to check what similar sized properties have recently sold for in your area. This will give you the "fair Market Value" of the property. From there you present the owner with an offer. I have the resources to do this quickly for you.
If you seriously want to oursue this, please give me a call and let's get started!
Joanne Bernardini
Coldwell Banker- Casa Bella realtors
Cell 609-947-251
Ryan Manney, , Stone Harbor, NJ
Tue Jan 19, 2010
0ne way to check would be to check zillow.com and use the map to input your address. You can then click on the lot that is next to yours to get an idea of the address.

The other option is to call you local tax office. They should be able to give you the owner. Tax records are public information.
Web Reference:  http://www.RyanManney.com