Bil, Home Buyer in 48612

i brought a home on contact and now i need to change home in my name what do i do.

Asked by Bil, 48612 Tue Nov 1, 2011

Answers

5
Leslie Ebers…, Agent, Saint Charles, IL
Wed Nov 2, 2011
It's a "quit claim"...but I think he's asking about a contract for deed or articles of agreement. It would be nice if Bil came back and gave us some more info :-).
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Wed Nov 2, 2011
Definately consult an attorney - any real estate attorney should be able to help you. If you don't know someone, a nearby title company may know someone they work with. If it simply a matter of adding someone to the deed - sometimes they can do a quick claim. There will be charges for that but usually not too bad. If there is a mortgage on the property, you also need to ensure that the mortgage company is aware. Whoever is on the mortgage is still responsible for the home and the payments and will likely need to stay on the deed.
Anthony Cava…, Agent, Channahon, IL
Wed Nov 2, 2011
You need to consult your attorney. You and the seller will probably need to set up a closing so you can get insured title. I have a feeling you may find out that this isn't as cut and dry as you think.
Leslie Ebers…, Agent, Saint Charles, IL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Can you explain a little more what you need to do? If it's just a legal name change on a contract for deed sale, then you can probably do it with a letter, notarized id change etc. Or are you under contract for a purchase that hasn't closed yet?
Chris Schall…, , 62704
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Bill,

I can help. I am a lender downstate that can give you honest straight forward advice.
Give me a call 217-726-6864
Chris
Web Reference:  http://www.ILmortgageman.com