Property Q&A in Texas Ave>Question Details

Needanswers, Home Buyer in Round Rock, TX

i am a month behind on an fha loan but trying to pay half of it with this month and pay the remainder with next months mortgage is tha ok.

Asked by Needanswers, Round Rock, TX Tue Dec 1, 2009

my husband and i are in divorce process , we did not pay the mortgage last month but i am trying to pay half of it with this months mortgage and the remainder next month is that ok.

Help the community by answering this question:


Most homeowners do not realize how much most lenders are willing to work with them.
You MUST communicate directly with the Lender. Explain your situation and ask them for their help and available options.

I have many friends, family and clients who have saved their homes and their credit by contacting and communicating with the lender. And, unfortunately, know of too many homeowners who didn't communicate with lender and lost their home.

Most of them are there to help and do not want to see you lose your home.

Best to you,
Torquil Creevy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 26, 2011
Yes, contact your lender to make sure....but also remember any additional payments made on a mortgage need to be tagged...otherwise the lender usually will not apply it where you want it applied. for should write 'apply to principal' or 'late payment for November' or 'late fee' something in the memo and on the payment stub to indicate where you want the payment applied.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
I would contact your lender so that they know your plans. I am a Realtor in Round Rock and I can help you discuss options. Please contact me today.

Stephanie Martinez
Rose Properties and Associates
512 992 6898
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 2, 2009
This is definately a question for the bank servicing your loan. When you call them ask them if there are any additional fees that may apply. Many banks are also offering loan modifications if your payment is hard to make because of a change in your circumstances. You may want to find out more information about that as well. Just be sure to read/ inspect the details. They can revoke the trial period and request you pay the difference. It is also end of year, be sure to inspect your escrow amounts for insurance and taxes. Surprises in this area can sink you if you are not careful and living paycheck to paycheck.

Have a blessed day!

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 2, 2009
First you must talk to your mortgage holder and communicate to them your situation. You may be able to work out a loan modification or another option. Since you have an FHA loan, in order to do a short sale, your mortgage banker must approve it before you can even list your property for sale. Try to get caught up and not get yourself into this situation if you can help it at all.

Leslie Gawthorp, ABR, GRI
JB Goodwin Realtors
512-775-3490 Mobile
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 2, 2009
If you don't send the entire payment in full, it will not be applied to the principal balance until all the penalties and interest are paid in full. It is very difficult to get caught up and actually pay anything on the principal in this type situation.

I suggest you get in touch with a Realtor that has lots of experience with short sales and loan modifications and talk over your options before you get further behind. If you are in the Round Rock area, I can meet with you and give you a lot of information so you can decide what you will need to do in this tough situation.;

No obligation, just information.

Pam Jernigan, Realtor
short sale specialist
Mail to:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 1, 2009
You should most definitely ask your lender this question. I wouldn't count on a public forum for this kind of advice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 1, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer