husband bought our home before we were married, he added me to the deed after we married. Going through a divorce, what are my legal rights to the hom

Asked by Amg, Newtown, PA Thu Jan 26, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Fran and Mark…, Agent, Yardley, PA
Tue Feb 14, 2012

You absolutly have marital rights to the property in PA. How much that is worth to you will be a function of law and negotiation. Run do not walk to your nearest family law lawyer.

Fran and Mark Redding
Prudential Fox & Roach, Realtors
1010 stonyhill Road
Yardley, PA 19067
215-321-3307 Direct
215-208-7169 Cell
Web Reference:
0 votes
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Fri Feb 10, 2012
You should talk to an attorney about your legal rights.
0 votes
Alan Openshaw, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Southampton, PA
Thu Jan 26, 2012
Hello Amg,

Go to this website. It is the bucks county website

Hit the letter i then enter,
under the cmd box put the letters lr (for locate record) then enter your name in the box provided. You will then see what properties you are on title in Bucks county. Or send me the address and I can tell you who is on tile.

If you are on title you should have an equal interest in the property. You are entitled to live there and the property will be divided according to whatever is agreed at the property settlement. If you need a good divorce attorney contact Nancy Larkin Taylor She has been practicing in Bucks county for about 30 years which is incredible since she claims to only be 39 years old :-)

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960
0 votes
Matt Bain, Agent, Newtown, PA
Thu Jan 26, 2012
I think it is critical that you request to see a copy of the Deed that shows that the house is also deeded in your name as well. You can contact the Recorder of Deeds office at the Bucks County Courthouse if the home is in Bucks County to verify. As with every divorce each one has its' own unique set of circumstances and of course it is in your best interest to contact a divorce attorney. There is an excellent one named Kerry Litt in Doylestown who can be reached at 215-345-0221. If you would like to contact me directly I can be reached at 215-968-7417.

Best of luck!

Matt Bain
Re/Max Properties
0 votes
Michael Kuld…, Other Pro, Feasterville, PA
Thu Jan 26, 2012
You do have a legal interest in it, but what share of the home you get is based on many different factors. You should talk to you divorce lawyer about it. If you are not represented you can certainly call us at 215-942-2100. Good Luck!!!
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Property Q&A in Newtown Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more