how much would it cost to replace roof. thanks rick

Asked by rick, Nokomis, FL Thu Jan 31, 2013

104 cavallini dr

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3099920575-104-Cavallini-Dr-N…

Answers

2
Scott Johnson, , Sarasota County, FL
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Rick,

This is a great question. There are several great roofers in the area who would be happy to bid on the job. I recommend you contact at least three. If you are the buyer you would need to get the permission of the homeowner before contracting for an estimate. A roof can vary in cost depending on materials and square footage. A simple asphalt shingle roof will probably be the cheapist, while tile and metal roofs are often much more expensive. Roof guarantees also are an important part of the decision making process. For my home I spent a few thousand more to get a 30 year warranty, which of course meant that the materials used were stronger and better than the 10 year warranty offered instead. So many factors are involved it is probably best to shop around. Ask your Realtor, if you have one, for recommendations. If you don't have a Realtor you can contact me and I'll recommend roofers I know and trust.

Scott
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Jan 31, 2013
This home is currently listed as Active With Contract. Which means it has an accepted offer on it but they are taking back up offers just in case the deal falls through. The current closing date is listed as 6/1/2013. It is being sold as a short sale, that is why there is a long period of time before closing.

I have never seen any roofers post on Trulia, so you probably aren't going to get an answer from a roofer here. You can search for roofing companies online and ask them if they could give you a quote over the phone. Most would need to see the roof but could maybe tell you what they charge per square foot.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com