how much is usually the electric and water bill? What about garbage? any maintenance that is needed on the house?

Asked by Malea.McCarty, Chicago, IL Thu Sep 12, 2013

what is the best cable company out there? We will be new to the city and we don't know very much. Help needed please!

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/35898811-5343-W-Patterson-Ave…

Answers

13
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 26, 2013
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Sep 20, 2013
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you what I have on that one. Also just sold one that was a very good investment in the area
Daniel Mirea, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 18, 2013
Hi Malea,

Best thing is to work with the agent to investigate for you!

Keep in mind that if you are interested to buy a efficient home you or your agent should look for:

1.How insulated is the house and what kind of insulation
2. How efficient is the furnace /AC/ hot water tank and the appliances.
3 How good are the Windows
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Sep 16, 2013
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you what I have on that one
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Sep 14, 2013
Utility questions have been addressed below. Regarding scavenger service (garbage) the city picks up, no additional charge...part of your property taxes goes to pay for this service.

When are you available to go see it?
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Work with a Realtor to assist you with the home buying process.Make sure you are preapproved by a lender as well. Feel free to contact me should you need any assistance.
Mirela Roman, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Please contact me and I'll be happy to answer your questions!
Dick Post, Agent, ORLAND PARK, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Hi Malea,

Please give me a call at (708) 429-5300, and let's talk about the property on 5343 W. Patterson Ave. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Cindy Wilson, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Best advice is to work with a buyers' agent who can assist you throughout the process and help you get settled in your home. Sounds like you've got lots of offers below. No one can tell you specifics about a home via Trulia or the Internet; you need to visit it yourself with your agent. Good luck!
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
They are right below.

It could help getting a good Realtor to help you out. its free to use their services.
Web Reference:  http://Americorpre.com
Dirk Gould, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Electric is $954.90 per year and gas is $1,014 per year. I can send you the detailed report if you would like and give you further details about the property such as maintenance. Cable company opinions will vary big time. Most people hate all of them
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Electric for this size house might be 50-75/mo, but depends on how much a/c or other items you se frequently. Water/trash might be 25/mo. This is a small house, but it has an apt in the attic and basement, but neither are legal
Howie Andron, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 12, 2013
Malea,

You can request a disclosure from the seller for an accurate account of the electric and gas bill. Garbage is picked up by the city and there will not be a bill that comes to you for that.

From the pictures of the home there does not seem to be any maintenance that is needed, but you would need to first walk through to take a look and then if you were planning on purchasing this home you would have a professional home inspection done to reveal ( or not ) any material defects in the property..

As far as cable companies, there are many options and it depends on the services that are best suited for you and your family.

I am happy to assist you in your purchasing of a new home and your relocation to Chicago at no charge to you. Please contact me via email at howie@markallenrealty.com or by phone at 773 972 5333.