Property Q&A in Dublin>Question Details

linda, Other/Just Looking in Dublin, CA

how many home do my father vernon casteel own in california?

Asked by linda, Dublin, CA Mon Jun 14, 2010

Answers

4
Hello Surprim,

If your father holds title in his name (rather than a partnership name or corporation), it is possible to seach records by county. I have access to public records information for Alameda and Contra Costa County, but if you're looking to search the whole state I would suggest contacting an attorney.

Respectfully,
Vickie Nagy
CA DRE#01363932
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 14, 2010
Since this is for estate/trust purposes, you can certainly engage a real estate attorney and escrow company to do a title search for you starting with finding out how your father/parents held title.

You can start by checking to see how they held title on the house they owned and lived in until they passed away. It may give clues on whether it was held in a trust, or corporation, etc.

To ask this question on a public forum like this will generate suggestions on how to find out the answer to your question, but will not give you the number of properties your parents owned in California

my father vernon casteel and mother maxine casteel are deceased and i am the only child left so there for i am trying to any and all assets and property they may still own and thank you for your response
What Vicky says is the only way to find out.