how is the wiring? is it also in need of handyman's touch?

Asked by Michelle Johnson, Fort Sam Houston, TX Sat Jul 28, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3089725415-1034-W-Hutchins-Pl…

Answers

4
Kathy Walsh, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sat Jul 28, 2012
No matter what home you want to purchase, the only way you'll have a reasonably good idea of the condition is by having a thorough inspection by a licensed home inspector. In Texas, you do this during the option period, where once you have an accepted offer, you pay normally between $7-10 a day for 10 days or so, for the right to inspect the home and protect your earnest money deposit in the event you find something you don't feel comfortable with (you can withdraw from the contract for ANY reason, without penalty, during the option period). You can have further inspections during the option period by an electrician, plumber, roofer, HVAC or foundation expert, or whatever you would like to inspect as a result of your inspector's findings.
It would be reasonable to assume that a home built in 1917 might need some work, especially at this price, but this may be a great opportunity, IF you know clearly what you are getting into!
Best of luck!
Kathy Walsh
(210) 862-7721
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sun Jul 29, 2012
This home is really nice. It's not a new home... it was built in 1917. It is in need of repairs. But the price reflects this, and I think they would come down a bit more too..

That being said... it will need a lot of work. You have to go in knowing the home is almost 100 years old. Getting a home inspection is extremely wise, and going to to view the home with a solid contractor is a good idea as well...

Every time I show a home like this... I bring a contractor with me... just so you can get an accurate idea of how much it will run to get the home into shape...

I think for the amount of land, and what the home offers, when this home is fixed up... it will be EXTREMELY NICE! But then, I'm a sucker for an older home.. they have a lot more personality.

I can pop the door open for you anytime you like... just shoot me a text, e-mail, or give me a call.

Jason C Campbell
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Jose Novelo, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Completely agreed, never buy a property without the option period, ten days after both parties accepted the offer/counter offer, and hire a licensed Texas Home Inspector to make sure you are comfortable with the conditions of the property or to have your Realtor to re negotiate your transaction.
Good Luck
Jose L. Novelo
Darrell D. D…, Agent, Schertz, TX
Sat Jul 28, 2012
Michelle,

There is no way of knowing without an inspection. The seller is a guardian selling as-is with no warranties and no disclosure. The sale is subject to approval by probate court.

Darrell D. Drouillard 210-373-6160