how do i pursue a foreclosures in Wayne, NJ that I'm interested in? pls advise Thx Rohini remember_roh@yahoo.com

Asked by Rohini, Wayne, NJ Thu Jul 26, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3035218374--Lions-Head-Blv…

Answers

4
Suzanne Pari…, Agent, Pompton Plains, NJ
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Rohini,

I am a local agent to the Wayne area and a resident as well. I have been certified in Short Sales and Foreclosures and will be happy to take you to see this home and help you through the process if you have not already started working with an agent. Please feel free to call me at 201-259-5205.

I look forward to speaking to you.
Suzanne
Marsha Bowen…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Helene is correct, you have to work with an experienced agent that understands the process to purchase and REO and or short sales. The websites are good to review for some information, but only an agent that specializes in foreclosures and short sales can stir you in the right direction and have your best interest.

Good luck to you!
Helene Jeane…, Agent, Metuchen, NJ
Thu Jul 26, 2012
Rohini,
Peter is 100% accurate. Trulia is a bit misleading in this area. You might gently approach the owners directly however, please be aware that most do not want to sell immediately. They want to stay in their home. Some do find a way to get current on their debt. They may not appreciate your offer to buy, but then again....

You are much better served by relying on up-to-date information which an agent can provide and putting an offer on a house where owners are motivated to sell. There are many bank-owned, short-sale and just plain motivated sellers out there. I'd much rather find you one of those if you're looking for a great deal.

BTW, anyone who tells you they "do it all," whether it's mortgage or real estate, please be wary. I am a certified short sale and foreclosure specialist and I'll tell you right now, I don't do all the foreclosures in New Jersey. You cannot be in this business and not work with banks. Find a qualified agent to work with and that agent will refer you to a very experienced mortgage broker.

Wishing you the best,
Helene Jeanette, SFR, SRES, AHWD, MBA
973-207-9803
Peter J Roge…, Agent, Mahwah, NJ
Thu Jul 26, 2012
first of all this is not a foreclosure Realtytrac publishes what are called "Pre foreclosure" notices. These are issued by the bank when the mortgage is one month in arrears
. From that point the majority are brought up to date and never go to foreclosure. For those that do not the actual process soup to nuts takes a good two years in New Jersey.
Usually when the foreclosure process is completed the houses are listed by a realtor on the mls. and at that point are available for purchase.
Houses in foreclosure that are owned by FNMA or HUD - the government agencies are advertised on special sites
So if you are interested in buying a foreclosure talk to a realtor who will be happy to help