how do I sell my house and post an open house with Trulia?

Asked by 600HobartStreet, Menlo Park, CA Wed May 9, 2012

My home will not be in MLS.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/California/Menlo_Park/sold/73949…

Answers

3
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Thu May 10, 2012
I'm not sure you can do this as a homeowner here, but you can for sure at zillow.com or fsbo.com and other sites. However, before you try this on your own you need to think long and hard about it. Many sellers think there isn't much to the selling process, so why pay an agent/broker? A great agent will get you more money and make sure you have done all the necessary disclosures to help prevent a lawsuit after.

I want to be clear that my motivation for telling you this is not trying to get the listing because menlo park is out of our normal area. I wrote a blog on this which I hope you will read and find helpful:

http://www.trulia.com/blog/lance_king/2011/03/open_letter_to…

In my experience fsbo sellers do horrible marketing, terrible photos, and price badly. And even if you are not on the mls you can potentially taint your property in the marketplace because many buyers look at the sites you would post your property on.

Talk to a few great agents who have the right skills and experience who know your market before you go down this road. Most likely you will be very happy you did.

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Marcy Moyer, Agent, San Ramon, CA
Wed May 9, 2012
I believe Trulia open houses are put in by Agents who have accounts with Trulia or by feeds that Trulia gets from outside sources, for example from the virtual tour companies. I think you will have to contact customer service to see if you can add that feature to your listing. As far as selling, Trulia does not sell homes, it is an information site. Again you would have to ask them to put your contact info if you wanted to sell yourself. they do not have a make me sell feature like Zillow does.
Marcy Moyer
DRE 01191194
val krysov, Agent, Burlingame, CA
Wed May 9, 2012
if your intent to sell your home - contact the agent and he will do all the work including posting on Trulia.
If you need any help contact me at info @ realtyfinancial.com
regards,
Val