how can this home be built in 2009 when i purchased it in 2008?

Asked by Faliciawysong, Springfield, MO Tue Jan 24, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Missouri/Springfield/sold/100008…

Answers

2
Shirley Fran…, Agent, Springfield, MO
Wed Jan 25, 2012
I know it is confusing however it will depend on when it was accessed for taxes by the assessors office. If you home was brand new in 2008 your first tax bill was more than likely low and on the land/lot only. When the assessors office sent the first real tax bill on your home and land included that is what Zillow picked up on and said assumed your house was built in 2009. I hope this help you if you have further questions feel free to call me. God Bless
Lina Roberts…, Agent, Ozark, MO
Tue Jan 24, 2012
My understanding is that Zillow collects information from the county assessor's office. It is not uncommon for the county assessor to note the "year built" as the year that they first assessed the property. If your home was not fully constructed on January 1, 2008, then it was most likely not assessed until 2009, so Zillow assumes that was the year it was built. :)