how can i get a different agent, she is non responsive and crancky?

Asked by David Thompson, Chandler, AZ Wed Aug 24, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3060785451-1631-E-Apollo-Rd-Pho…

Answers

13
Brenda & Ron…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
David,

It looks like you might be talking about an agent that is showing you rentals, or possibly the agent you are frustrated with might be the agent that has this home listed for rent.

If you have been looking around with this agent for awhile it could be because agents working rentals make extremely little, or that the agent that has the listing prefers to have another agent bring the tenant so that they are not having to open the home up to 20+ inquirers.

By the time an agent gets paid on a rental it hardly covers gas so they have to spend their time wisely... The current market can be tough and good rentals can be difficult to get into due to the increased amount of renters in the market, regardless, if an agent is working for you then they need to work for you. Do make sure you have done what is necessary on your part as well. If your agent is not doing a good job for you and you do not have a buyer broker agreement then move on.

Best of luck

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
602-980-3133
*** Recognized by the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley"
Eric Ely, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
David,

If you haven't signed a buyer broker agreement (different from an Agency Disclosure Agreement) you can fire her and choose another agent.

Obviously there will be many agents responding. I have lived in the valley since 1961 and offer nearly 20 years of licensed real estate experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to work for you.

Good luck in your home search.

Eric R. Ely - Realtor
'Service with Integrity'
Cell: 602.920.9589
Fax: 480.287.8773
Email: ericRely@gmail.com
HomeSmart

Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.
Neil Brooks, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Call me, I'll see if I can help.

Neil Brooks
602-574-1111
Fred Shocklie, Agent, Peoria, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Hi David-

Have you done everything she has asked you to do? For example, have you provided all the documentation needed to your lender so she can get the pre-qualification letter? In not, she may be feeling you are not serious. Just something to consider.
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
David

What have you signed with the other agent? The first step is to make sure you are in the clear and not going to owe the other agent anything if you leave? Or at least know what you owe that person if you terminate?

Once you terminate the relationship you can chose an gent of your liking to represent your interests.

Arizona Homes by a Guy from Iowa
Web Reference:  http://www.McVinua.com
Claudia Wils…, Agent, Florence, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Once you have terminated your relationship with this agent (call her, email or send a letter to her brokerage), other agents would be glad to help you.

CLAUDIA H WILSON, GRI, CRS, CSSN
ARIZONA REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS, LLC
claudiahwilson@gmail.com
480-433-2675
"Not a Cranky Agent "
Patrick Jorg…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
David,
Looks like you will have your pick of good agents from that question. I'll throw my hat in as well. The main thing is finding someone you trust who knows the area you want to be in. Good luck!
The Urban Te…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
I think you've gotten good cautionary advice here.

If you are looking for a good agent in the Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert area, I really like a guy named Nick Bastian. Since I don't work in the East Valley I have to refer friends and clients to another agent. Nick is my number one choice. He is a happy guy with loads of knowledge. Plus he is extremely responsive. Here is is contact info:

Nick Bastian
nick@nickbastian.com
(602) 527-6425 - Mobile
Stephen Garn…, , Phoenix, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Sorry you are going through this David, would you believe the #1 complaint in real estate is lack of communication? Thanks to your great adjectives I'm going to add cranky and unresponsive to the article below on how to choose a Phoenix Real Estate Agent. Good luck - choose wisely....

http://mytitleguy.com/2011/08/phoenix-arizona-realtor/
Carlos Ramir…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Talk honestly with her. After that you can decide if you want to give her a last chance. If not ask her to release you if you have an agreement with her. If that does not work talk with her broker. By being cranky and unresponsibe she might be in violation of your agreement and you can cancel it.

Carlos J Ramírez, PC
Broker/Realtor, ABR, CNE
Certified Negotiation Expert
602-512-5825 direct
602-749-6327 fax
http://www.SmartAZRealty.com
Sonny Shriva…, Agent, Goodyear, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Hi David,

A cranky agent? You're kidding! Haha... there are too many of those in today's market - but to be fair, it's a tough job practicing real estate these days. As long as you did not sign a Buyer Broker Exclusive Employment Agreement, you are free to go with whomever you wish. If you did sign such an agreement, contact your agent's designated broker and ask to be released from the agreement. And get that release in writing from the broker!

A general note to everyone out there... if you don't like your agent for whatever reason, or feel that your agent is being less than honest with you (it happens), you should fire them immediately and find a professional agent. Why not interview 3-5 agents and retain the one that impresses you the most? Don't use an agent just because they are your cousin, or your neighbor, or your Avon Lady. You should use the agent that will do the best job. Period.
Greg Paielli, Other Pro, Phoenix, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Hi David,
If you have not signed a buyer representation agreement and maybe even if you have, you are free to go where you would like. You will be able to go somewhere where the service meets your needs. Thx
Greg
Brooke C Mar…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Aug 24, 2011
Is your agent representing you in a purchase of a property?
If so, did you sign a Buyer-Broker agreement? If so, you will need to so a mutual cancellation before seeking out another agent. If you are purchasing a home and did not sign a Buyer-Broker, you are free to leave the relationship with that agent.

Feel free to contact me if you have additional questions. My cell is 480-235-0024