home seller moves out of state makes a verbal agreement with the home buyer to hold a snow blower until a friend can come pick it up.

Asked by jdnicoll, Cranford, NJ Tue Jan 21, 2014

what if the home buyer refuses to let the friend pick it up ?

Answers

3
Doris Boka, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jan 22, 2014
Unless there was a written agreement, then what ever is left on the property when you left, is no longer yours and you're probably out of luck. I'm not a legal advisor, just my thoughts.
Steven Goldm…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jan 21, 2014
In NV, the Residential Purchase Contract typically states that any personal property left at the property after the sale becomes the Buyer's property. Period. End of story
Verbal agreements are not valid in real estate or property. Period. Agreement must be in writing. No agreement, no property. So sorry. If it ain't written down, it ain't so.

Now that is out of the way. I suggest you call the Buyer and request that the Buyer give the property to the friend. If the Buyer, who is now the property owner by contract, says no, tell your Friend to go buy himself a snow blower.

What did we learn by this? If it ain't written down, it ain't so.

Need more answers, contact me directly or through my web site.

Try my new mobile app for your phone.
Go to http://www.teamgoldman.org and save it to your home screen.

Please contact me immediately if you know a person that cannot make their mortgage payments. I will work with them to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy at no charge or fees to them.

Realty One Group
The Brodkin Group
Steven Goldman, CRS
Broker Salesman
Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE)
Certified Default Advocate (CDAT)
Certified Short Sale Professional (CSP)
Certified Probate Real Estate Specialist (CPRES)
REO-BPO Certified
GRI, ABR, SRES, CNHS, PM, CCI
10750 W. Charleston #180
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Direct 702-242-1372
E-Mail: crssteven@teamgoldman.info
http://www.teamgoldman.info
Prudential A…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Tue Jan 21, 2014
The seller should have done this in writing. However, have the seller contact the buyer and communicate as to what new buyer requires to authorize the friend to pick up the blower!