does anyone know anything about this place? holy cow is it ever amazing!

Asked by John, Chicago, IL Sat Apr 25, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1058821291-2436-W-Bloomingdal…

Answers

2
Christopher…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Apr 25, 2009
Dear John,

This place is no longer listed as available for sale in the Multiple Listing Service. It was removed on 16 April 2009. It was previously listed at $2,250,000.00 with 6 BR 4.1 BTHS and a 4 car garage. I have to agree with you regarding how it looks, but I'm a big fan of bow trussed or barrel vaulted ceilings (thanks to my colleague Wayne Beals for reminding me of the specific terms used to describe this type of ceiling).

Christopher Thomas
Broker Associate, Sudler Sotheby’s International Realty
3934 N. Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL 60613
773-418-0640 (mobile) 312-577-0985 (fax) 773-293-1200 (off)
Christopher.thomas@sothebysrealty.com
http://www.myagentchris.com
Tom McCarey, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Apr 25, 2009
John,

What a beautiful residence.

But you know what an avatar as it relates to the web? It's when you use a postage size image to reflect totality. My avatar? It's an image of me with my shiny hairless head and my hand up to to my cheek. Sensitive or menacing? Who knows. I am trying to suggest to the public that I am calm and self-assured. According to folks who know me, this is true.

But here's my point as it relates to 2436 Bloomingdale. This home by appearance is a total testament to the rock star's life. But what you don't see when you are looking at the flying buttresses, the smoking kitchen, that spa-like pool in an atrium is that outside of your door is this icky one way street with a moribund train track right across the street. This is the idea of paradise to very few people.

And so it boils down to the primary principle in real estate - location, location, location. And because the location of this home stinks combined with questionable pricing in a suppressed market we reach a conclusion wherein the home was taken off the market after being listed for more than one year.

It was taken off the market on April 15th with an asking price at the time of $2.25MM.

Thomas McCarey
The Real Estate Lounge Chicago with @properties
Certified Negotiation Expert
Accredited Buyers Representative